What are We Looking For?
Food for Thought seeks a skilled and motivated Pastry Cook I (Entry-Level Cook) to join the Catering Group’s Production/Prep Team.
What Does That Really Mean?
· The Pastry Cook I must have a basic knowledge of pastry fundamentals, methods and techniques, including but not limited to: follow and execute recipes, pastes and doughs, chocolate work, ice creams and sorbets, modern pastry techniques, basic understanding of food costs and portion controls. The Pastry Cook I will also have basic knowledge in decorating wedding cakes and sugar cookies and assist the pastry cook II with ordering, receiving goods and quality assurance.
· Executes tastings with supervision.
· Assists with monthly inventory.
· Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items of the highest quality in the preparation of all menu items.
· Completes all opening and closing tasks.
· Ensures all equipment in working areas is clean and in proper working condition.
· Minimizes waste. Distributes waste products properly (garbage, compost, recycling).
Are You THE ONE??
· Culinary Diploma or minimum 1-3year experience in a high-volume production environment.
· Basic knowledge of operating all pastry kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, chocolate tempering machine, cocoa spray compressor, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
· Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
· Works efficiently and maintains a clean orderly station.
· Ability to read, write and understand the English language to communicate with coworkers.
· Effective communication skills to collaborate with other members of the pastry team.
· Effective organizational skills to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Is flexible to work all shifts including special events.
· Maintains a positive attitude.
· Must provide valid Food Handler or Food Service Manager Certificate within 30 days of hire
If you answered YES to the final question, APPLY NOW! Your most fulfilling career move is just a click away!!