Food for Thought is seeking energetic, cheerful, motivated cooks to join our Field Team.
A Field Cook’s role is to support the Field Chef and other FFT team members in executing all the culinary functions of off premise catered events serving 5 to 5,000 guests. Every day brings a new adventure in a different location, with a different menu and a different group of people to work with. You even get to create your own schedule with this on-call position!
What Does That Really Mean?
Field Cook I
- Arrives on time to shifts and checks in promptly with Chef
- Maintains a professional appearance with a clean and complete uniform and knife kit
- Able to read and comprehend all information on a site menu
- Assists with unloading trucks and vans, kitchen set-up and product check in
- Applies proper food safety and sanitation procedures / keeps a clean station
- Follows directions and proactively maintains productivity with a sense of urgency
- Consistently produces product and presentations that meet FFT standards
- Understands and adheres to timelines
- Acts as a capable, personable and presentable action chef
- Understands how to properly pack caves during breakdown
Are You THE ONE???
- Basic ability to read, write and understand the English language in order to decipher site menus and communicate with supervisor, coworkers and guests
- Basic working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking, kitchen equipment and ingredient identification, safety and sanitation, intermediate culinary vocabulary
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand requisition amounts, portion sizes and determine whether adequate equipment needs are met.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with other team members
- Effective organizational skills and sense of urgency necessary for working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Must provide valid Food Handler or Food Service Manager Certificate within 30 days of hire
If you answered YES to the final question, APPLY NOW! Your most fulfilling career move is just a click away!!