Head of Fulfillment Center Operations
Food Rocket San Francisco, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, dental,
Food Rocket provides customers with on-demand 10-15-minute grocery delivery without the delivery fee or minimum order requirements from our fulfillment centers within a 1-mile radius. We are bringing a complete new grocery buying experience to our customers by replacing regular stores.
Our Operations team is responsible for i) FC Operations; ii) Fleet Operations; iii) Customer Support. This team ultimately owns the 10-15 mins delivery promise to our customers.
- Build and lead a team of leaders - Hire & Develop the Best. Oversee our fulfillment center operations across the country.
- Devise a strategy of scaling the fulfillment center operations in the US - responsible for end-to-end grocery operations from launching multiple facilities, setting up the operations from the ground up, receiving inventory into each FC, accurate inventory tracking, picking, packing and delivery.
- Responsible for FC Ops KPIs and metrics - Avg. Fulfillment Time, # of orders fulfilled, Fulfillment cost per order, and other Safety, Quality & Productivity metrics of each FC.
- Influencing the user shipping experience exceeding operations KPIs.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the local teams to guarantee operational excellence in every market in the US.
- Own the operational success and failures for every Fulfillment Center in our network.
- Own and standardize all FC processes, workflows and equipment.
- Ensure we have all the required equipment at every FC to perform the operational functions.
- Ability to make data-driven decisions and execute projects to improve order fulfillment performance (Inventory accuracy, fulfillment time) continuously.
- Plan, direct, and manage various components of FC operations including onboarding, shift management, FC processes and operational efficiency.
- Ensure that we have enough FC supervisors, leads and associates at all times (this includes making sure that we have enough FC personnel as we expand/ launch new locations).
- Ensuring high FC associate quality through training and performance management.
- Create and implement plans to improve the fulfillment operations performance.
- Ensure FC Operations teams are supported and feel valued Rockets!
- Research and implement Fulfillment center best practices in the industry.
- 5+ years of experience in D2C or ecommerce, ideally working directly in ecommerce fulfillment.
- Strong understanding of Grocery Stores/ Fulfillment center operations. On-demand order fulfillment experience preferred.
- Prior experience in building and leading fulfillment operations teams/ grocery store operations teams.
- Proven ability for using data to make strategic decisions.
- Ability to learn fast and adapt strategies and tactics to the dynamic world of exceptionally fast delivery.
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment at one of the fastest growing startups.
- Driven by a sense of ownership and Bias for action - speed matters in business.
- True customer obsession - willingness to do what it takes to serve the customer.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and get hands dirty if required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interact with inspiring team members and grow faster than ever before.
- The incredibly steep learning curve from day one.
- Great opportunity to build something you are proud of, we are growing super fast, which means that the opportunities at Food Rocket are virtually limitless.
- An awesome team spirit and an exciting workplace with a dynamic and international environment.
- A transparent company culture with flat hierarchies and a high career growth trajectory at Food Rocket.
Food RocketWhy Work Here?
Food Rocket is a growing startup company with a lot of room to grow!
AddressSan Francisco, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Food Rocket