Maintenance Mechanic - 4/10 work week with Friday's Off!
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
INTERESTED IN WORKING A 4-DAY WORK WEEK WITH FRIDAY'S OFF? THIS MAY BE THE RIGHT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU! Our client is a growing food company based in the greater Chico, CA area. They are now hiring a Maintenance Lead (Supervisor) to join their team. The Maintenance Lead supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in one or more occupations through subordinate supervisors, department activities in commercial, industrial, or service establishment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Studies production schedules and estimates worker-hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product, and suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records, and directives, and confers with supervisors to obtain data required for planning activities, such as new commitments, status of work in progress, and problems encountered.
- Assigns, or delegate responsibilities for specified work or functional activities and disseminates policy to supervisors.
- Gives work directions, resolves problems, prepares schedules, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Coordinates activities of department with related activities of other departments to ensure efficiency and economy.
- Monitors and analyzes costs and prepares budget, using computer.
- Prepares reports and records on department activities for management, using computer.
- Evaluates current procedures and practices for accomplishing department objectives to develop and implement improved procedures and practices.
- Workers are designated according to functions, activities, or type of department managed.
- May train new workers.
- May estimate, requisition, and inspect materials.
- Responsible for compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Food Safety Procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of machinery operations.
- Skill to use a personal computer and various software packages.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
- Established and maintains permanent files.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize on the spot and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Credentials and Experience:
- 5-7 years of Maintenance related experience within the food manufacturing industry.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- PLC knowledge
- Willing to work holidays and weekends as requested by Plant Manager
- Able to work in typical warehouse conditions.
Powered by JazzHR
Food People Talent
AutomotiveView all jobs at Food People Talent