Cost Proposal Officer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This will be a short term position running through September 2022. The location of this position is within the USA, an expat benefit package is not available for this position.
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
Responsible for preparing, reviewing, and submitting cost proposals in response to specific solicitation requirements and relevant regulations from public and private donors. Supports development of winning projects with implementable budgets that achieve results.
• Develops cost proposals and budget narratives in collaboration with Country Office (CO) finance and program staff, including revisions and extensions, in compliance to solicitation requirements and relevant regulations.
• Ensures cost aligns with proposed project and necessary cost recovery is built into the budget.
• Works on multiple proposal efforts concurrently toward the achievement of a fully compliant and competitive cost proposal.
• Liaises with partners on cost proposal requirements, ensures compliance with same requirements, and negotiates partner budgets.
• Works with various departments, displaying a good sense of finance or accounting principles.
• Reviews cost application and budget narrative for partners and COs.
• Supports application revisions, award negotiation, and project start up.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications
• Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s Christian beliefs expressed in The Heartbeat.
• Demonstrated computer operating skills, including proficiency in Google platforms, Microsoft Office products with excellent Excel skills, and virtual technologies such as Skype and/or Zoom.
• Ability to sit/stand at a computer for up to 8 hours a day doing repetitive motions on a keyboard.
• Communicating clearly and concisely budget concepts and procedures and budget narratives and justifications.
• Multitasking in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex financial data and develop reports easy to read and use by other stakeholders.
• At least 3 years of experience working on cost applications or proposals with international donors, especially USAID and the Department of State.
• Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), AIDAR, USAID Standard Provisions, 2 CFR 200 and 700, and other relevant federal regulations.
• Experience working with non-US strategic donors such as UN, GAC, FCDO, EU/ ECHO.
• Experience with preparing Excel spreadsheets and budgets.
• Prior experience in a complex, matrixed organization, with the ability to scale processes in a global, professional, service organization.
• Non-profit organizations experience highly desired
• Bachelor's degree preferred in Finance, Accounting, Public Administration, International Development, Business, or related fields.
• Professional certification such as CPA, ACCA, ICMA, CA are a plus.
Proficiency in spoken and written English. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management and donor representatives.
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
The responsibilities listed above are not all-inclusive and may be changed at any time.
Food For The Hungry Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Food For The Hungry Inc