Project Coordinator, USAID Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Food Safety Project (IE4FS)
International Development Strategies, DBA Food Enterprise Solutions, seeks a highly-motivated individual to join our team in implementing a five-year USAID project promoting food safety practices in emerging economies.
The successful candidate will assist in technical and administrative aspects of this multi-country initiative to help develop, implement, and compare best practices in accelerating the adoption of food safety technologies and practices among post-harvest micro-, small-, and medium-sized enterprises in several USAID Feed the Future countries. If you are passionate about reducing global hunger and malnutrition through the power of business, then this is a great opportunity for you. We are a small-but-growing team, so the ability to multi-task is key.
IDS (www.int-dev-strat.com) is a US-based consulting services company that focuses on market-driven solutions in the global effort to promote economically viable and environmentally sustainable food systems. IDS and its non-profit affiliate, Grow to Market (www.growtomarket.org), work together to conceptualize and implement partnerships and co-investment strategies that leverage resources from international development donors, corporations, and individuals that share a commitment of promoting food systems that deliver safe, nutritious, and affordable choices to consumers in currently food-deficit regions of the world.
Description of Duties
· Develop, maintain, and monitor a schedule of all project deliverables
· Contribute technically to program research, activities design, report content, and knowledge management
· Coordinate flow of administrative and contractual communications with sub-contractors, sub-awardees, and consultants
· Support preparation of all reports including workplans, quarterly financial reports, annual reports, and other project-related documents or publications as needed
· Manage logistics for all project meetings, public events, activities, or other events as needed
· Support travel authorizations and other logistic requirements for staff and consultants
· Receive and log in all documents, receipts, reports, etc. relating to project expenditures
· Prepare internal monthly expenditure and activities report
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree in international development, business management, communications, agriculture, nutrition, food technology, or a related field
· Project backstopping or management experience a plus
· Ability to communicate professionally and positively with team-members, clients, and partners, both orally and in writing
· Ability to work positively, pro-actively, and collaboratively in teams of peers, supervisors, as well as subordinates
· Experience working with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Ability to prepare workplans, develop flow-charts, and use other project management tools
· Experience working under deadlines and meeting scheduled deliverables
· Ability to work independently while meeting all job requirements
· Two years of experience working in a developing country context a plus
The IDS Work Environment
IDS is a life-and-family-friendly workplace that aims to maximize performance of all staff, while maintaining an environment where each individual can grow and learn. We seek professionals who share our vision of a world where no one suffers from hunger and who want to contribute to that goal. We operate primarily from a virtual platform—giving staff the opportunity to minimize the need for commuting to a traditional office environment—while also having access to facilities needed for in-person collaboration.
The location for this position is Washington, DC.
Salary & Benefits
Negotiable salary range US $35 – 45,000 based on salary history and experience level. We also welcome candidates seeking part-time employment to help in performing the work described above.
Send cover letter, resume, recent salary or consulting fees history, and three references to: Russ.Webster@foodsolutions.global.
Applications will be received through August 15, 2019.
IDS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.