- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Founded in 1978, Food Bank of the Rockies was originally known as the Colorado Food Clearing House. Operating from a 900-square-foot schoolroom in northwest Denver, the fledgling organization collected bread from a nearby Safeway store, our first food donor, and distributed it to Little Sisters of the Poor, our first partner agency. Today, Food Bank of the Rockies has extended its reach across northern Colorado, providing food and supplies to more than 800 hunger-relief programs.
As one of the largest Food Banks in the United States, Food Bank of the Rockies is passionate about ensuring every community member has the resources they need to thrive. Supporting our Colorado and Wyoming communities begins with passionate, mission-driven individuals.
About the Receptionist Position
The Receptionist is an integral team member of Food Bank of the Rockies, creating the organization's first impression. The position is responsible for welcoming all visitors and vendors, directing all incoming telephone calls, and providing assistance and information daily. It provides administrative support for the organization as it relates to cross-functional duties.
If you are looking for a mission-focused organization where innovation and teamwork are encouraged and new ideas are valued, then this is an ideal position for you.
We value diversity and inclusivity and are thus always looking to diversify our staff with an eye toward race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, and age, among other areas. Candidates who bring such diversity are encouraged to apply.
- Provide excellent customer service through:
- Greeting all building visitors upon arrival and direct them to the appropriate location
- Guide clients seeking food assistance information in person or over the phone
- Respond and direct calls, voicemail, and emails to appropriate department/staff in a timely manner
- Maintain strong working knowledge of daily operations and available resources offered by Food Bank of the Rockies
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the lobby
- Maintain schedule for conference rooms and ensure they are clean and in orderly condition
- Place and receive office supply orders for the distribution center; maintain accurate, up-to-date inventory and organization of the office supply closet
- Coordinate printer and postage machine maintenance and service requests
- Open and distribute all mail daily
- Maintain organization phone list
- Receive and record checks received via mail for Accounts Receivable processing
- Maintain general Food Bank of the Rockies inbox
- Collect organizational information and create weekly staff communications
- Coordinate the purchase and delivery of miscellaneous staff gifts; i.e., cards for major life events, flowers, special lunch, or gift cards
- Assist in coordinating staff meals, celebrations, and functions
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Commitment to fulfilling the Food Bank of the Rockies mission and positively representing the brand both internally and externally
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent organizational, time management, and follow-through skills
- Self-directed and results-oriented
- Proactive and independent problem solver
- Exercise independent judgment, think critically and strategically, collaborate with others, and follow through to execute projects and program requirements
- Ability to quickly adapt to new programs/ software
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting and standing for long periods, walking intermittently
- Indoor office environment
- Occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds
- Customer service experience preferred
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years previous administrative support experience
- Bilingual proficiency (English/Spanish)
- High proficiency with computers and technology
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using collaborative tools for file storage and sharing, meeting scheduling, and virtual collaboration is a plus
Expected Hours of Work:
This role is considered full-time, non-exempt, working approximately 40 hours per week in person.
Rate of pay is $19.00 per hour
Food Bank of the Rockies offers a fulfilling workplace and comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off; paid sick leave; 10 paid holidays; paid parental leave; paid volunteer time; 401K retirement plan with a 6 percent employer-paid match; and competitive employee health, dental, and vision insurance.
Thinking about applying?
True passion and excitement for making an impact are just as important as work experience.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel you don't check every box in this posting.
Food Bank of the Rockies is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), M/F/D/V/SO.
Food Bank of the Rockies
BusinessView all jobs at Food Bank of the Rockies