- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary: This position is for a local route, no overnight. It will provide driving support to the small staff of a nonprofit dedicated to hunger relief and the promotion of healthy local food access. A valid driver’s license is required. The position includes picking up donations from our store partners, loading and unloading donations and weighing and recording those donations. This position also would be called upon to help deliver and distribute food to our partner agencies and at mobile pantries. Also included: a variety of manual and computer tasks associated with the acquisition, storage and distribution of food products to include, operating warehouse equipment, driving a van or 18- to 26 foot-refrigerated truck for food pick-ups/deliveries plus general maintenance and cleanup.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate 18- to 26-foot refrigerated trucks or van to perform food pick-ups and deliveries as needed. This will include being “out on the road” 5 days a week, as the position requires.
- Visit retail donation partners, primarily grocery stores, to pick up donated food items. Maintain positive working relationships with retail partners.
- Assist in loading and unloading product onto/from trucks. Perform accurate counts of product received and inspect product quality.
- Categorize donations, weigh them and then store them in the appropriate locations: cooler, freezer or holding area.
- Check and monitor the temperatures of the product while in your care.
- Work in concert with the Store Donation Program Coordinator and Warehouse Manager on scheduling and routes.
- Provide exceptional customer service to the donors and store employees who manage donation programs.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our partner agencies who run the feeding programs and our volunteers.
- Provide invoices to our donor partners.
- Help maintain the cleanliness of Food Bank’s fleet of vehicles.
- Participate in monthly warehouse and equipment self-inspections.
- Place products in appropriate storage locations.
- Maintain optimal operating level of warehouse equipment reporting problems to the Warehouse Manager as they occur.
- Assist in various inventory counts.
- Assist with food inspections and sorting to ensure a safe food supply.
- Act as a key coordinator in food recall situations – tallying inventory of recall product and participating in proper product destruction.
- Operate electric pallet jacks, and other warehouse equipment with proper certification.
- Assist in daily operations of the warehouse and in other activities as required or as assigned by the Warehouse Manager, Operations Director and/or Executive Director.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Valid Alabama driver’s license with driving record that meets company insurance requirements.
· Box truck driving experience, preferred.
· Current forklift certification, preferred.
· Good communication.
· Able to use a personal computer and inventory control software.
· Able to work independently and in a team environment.
· Accurately use basic math skills.
· Able to operate all power equipment safely, read labels, tickets and other product documentation.
· Able to lift and carry food inventory weighing up to 70 lbs.
· Willing to work in various temperatures.
· Friendly, helpful customer service skills and strong work ethic.
· Ability to receive directions from the management staff.
· Ability to work with co-workers and a variety of volunteers.
· Please submit a job application by close of business Monday, Oct. 12, 2020. Applications will be reviewed upon submission and early application is encouraged. Applications are available online at our website: https://www.foodbanknorthal.org
The Food Bank of North Alabama is an equal opportunity employer and provider.
Food Bank of North Alabama
2000 Vernon Ave. SW Suite BHuntsville, AL
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Overnight Delivery Driver jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.