Transportation/Warehouse Associate Class-B CDL
The Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina is an exciting, challenging, and rewarding place to work. Our vision: No one goes hungry, our Mission: Nourish people. Build solutions. Empower communities. We are an equal opportunity employer and are known for our core values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Dedication, Teamwork, and Fun!
The Transportation/Warehouse Associate Class-B will drive a Food Bank Class-B commercial truck to pick up and deliver product in the Food Bank’s 34-county service area in a safe, efficient, and timely manner.
As an ambassador for the Food Bank and always representing the organization in a friendly and professional manner, perform daily route in the most efficient and safe manner possible while adhering to all DOT/FMCSA laws and regulations, food safety regulations and Food Bank standard operating procedures. (80%)
- Utilize technology and equipment provided by the Food Bank to record all applicable Roadnet data required (e.g., time arrived, time departed, etc.) for each stop (pickup or delivery), as well as accurately and consistently record all time plots, route discrepancies, and route notes on the Roadnet app.
- Maintain all appropriate federal/state mandated administrative logs (eg., transportation logs, pre-trip procedures, quarterly vehicle inspections, maintenance schedule, receipts, and invoices) as required.
- Communicate with the Dispatcher any changes and all incidents that may impact route appointment times.
Assist with the loading and unloading of vehicles (includes vehicles from other organizations) when in the warehouse, and effectively disburse product into appropriate locations in the warehouse. (20%)
- Ensure that all safety policies and procedures are carried out. Maintain a safe and accident-free workplace environment.
- Maintain warehouse equipment and report any equipment issues to appropriate supervisor immediately.
Perform other duties as directed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have clean criminal background, driving history, and be able to pass a drug test.
- Valid NC Class-B CDL driver license, 5 years experience, and ability to operate a vehicle safely, efficiently, and legally with a GCWR up to 33,000 lbs required. Experience using a liftgate is preferred.
- Ability to obtain powered warehouse equipment certifications required (training provided).
- Must be able to pass basic math test and food safety training.
- Demonstrated ability to work with employees and volunteers in the warehouse and food distributions is required.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and strong time-management skills and perform with little supervision are required.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrated experience in building work teams are required.
- Must be a team player.
- Display exemplary customer service with all internal and external contacts (staff, partners, donors, volunteers, general public, etc.) in order to promote the Food Bank’s mission.
- Must believe in the mission of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without accommodation.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to:
- Talk, hear, and interact without deliberate impediment (e.g., wearing or listening to headphones, etc.);
- Sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Lift and carry loads of up to 60 pounds for short distances (less than 50 feet)
- To reach for and/or lift upward with their arms and hands to heights of 6 feet or greater.
- To twist their body right or left, often repeatedly.
The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, and to stoop, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
General warehouse, outdoor, truck, and office environments, including refrigerator, produce cooler, and freezer. Protective clothing will be provided and must be worn for this work. The employee will be required to interact with Food Bank personnel in the warehouse(s). In doing so, the employee will occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts, powered equipment, and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The employee will be exposed to temperatures ranging from -10 degrees Fahrenheit to over 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, and to stoop, crouch or crawl.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all essential functions and skills required of personnel so classified.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not regard race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation or any protected class characteristic when seeking to hire. This practice, in addition to hiring, applies to our recruiting, training, transfers, promotions, job benefits, pay, dismissal practices, social and recreational activities, and any other term or condition of employment.
We care about our employees, our candidates, and our community.
As such, please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Food Bank of Central & Eastern North CarolinaWilmington, NC
Transportation and Storage
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.