Order Selector/Warehouse Associate
The Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina is an exciting, challenging, and rewarding place to work. Our vision: No one goes hungry, our Mission: Nourish people. Build solutions. Empower communities. We are an equal opportunity employer and are known for our core values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Dedication, Teamwork, and Fun!
The Order Selector/Warehouse Associate is responsible for operating an electric pallet jack or forklift, hand selecting and palletizing products from the various warehouse environments (including dry, cooler, and freezer), and delivering product to the dock for partner agency pick up in a safe and efficient manner.
With the direction from the Operations Manager or Distribution Center Manager conduct the following operational functions: (75%)
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and Food Bank standard operating procedures.
- Stack product on pallets in accordance with proper selecting procedures (e.g., no stacking heavy-on-light, non-food separate from food, etc.).
- Ensure accurate selecting and recording of orders, to include product description, weight, and case count.
- Implement FIFO/FEFO (First In-First Out, First Expired-First Out) rules regarding all products and inspect each item during the selection to ensure quality and integrity.
- Follow inventory cycle count procedures as prescribed by the Inventory Control Team and participate in cycle counting of product to maintain an accurate inventory at all times.
Perform/assist with other tasks relevant to the position: (25%)
- Maintain a safe and accident-free workplace environment.
- Help maintain the upkeep and appropriate appearance, cleanliness, and order of the warehouse.
- Become knowledgeable and adept in the Food Bank’s ERP system and provide coverage for Shopping & Product Coordinator.
- Execute safe forklift and other warehouse equipment handling procedures, maintain warehouse equipment, and report any equipment issues to the appropriate supervisor immediately. Perform pre- and post-trip inspections.
Perform other duties are directed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred
- Previous warehouse experience is a preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the listed qualifications.
- Must have or be able to obtain forklift certification.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with employees and volunteers in the warehouse is required.
- Must be able to pass forklift and material lift equipment certification tests.
- Must be able to pass basic math test and food safety training.
- Must be able to work in a very cold or very hot and physically demanding environment.
- Must believe in the mission of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without accommodation.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to:
- Talk, hear, and interact without deliberate impediment (e.g., wearing or listening to headphones, etc.);
- Sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Lift and carry loads of up to 60 pounds for short distances (less than 50 feet)
- To reach for and/or lift upward with their arms and hands to heights of 6 feet or greater.
- To twist their body right or left, often repeatedly.
The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, and to stoop, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to perform the essential functions of the job successfully. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
General warehouse environments, including refrigerator, produce cooler, and freezer with temperatures ranging from -10 degrees Fahrenheit to 41 degrees Fahrenheit. Some protective clothing will be provided and must be worn for this work.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee is required to work in a warehouse setting.
- The employee will be required to interact with Food Bank personnel in the warehouse.
- The employee will occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles.
- Safety toe footwear with non-skid soles is required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- The warehouse can be extremely cold at times and extremely hot during the summer months.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all essential functions and skills required of personnel so classified.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not regard race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any protected class characteristic when seeking to hire. This practice, in addition to hiring, applies to our recruiting, training, transfers, promotions, job benefits, pay, dismissal practices, social and recreational activities, and any other term or condition of employment. We care about our employees, our candidates, and our community.
As such, please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Food Bank of Central & Eastern North CarolinaSouthern Pines, NC
Transportation and Storage
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.