Local CDL Class A Driver - $24.00 an Hour
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Food Bank For New York City is Hiring CDL B Drivers with Safe Driving Records- $3,000 sign on bonus paid out in installments starting at day 30.
$24.00 per hour for CDL B.
MULTIPLE DRIVER POSITIONS AVAILABLE - EXCELLENT HOURLY PAY AND BENEFITS!! HOME DAILY – ALL DRIVING IN THE 5 BOROUGHS OF NEW YORK CITY!!
Food Bank for New York City’s Truck Drivers are essential to our mission and operations. We would not be able to feed the millions of vulnerable New Yorkers without our professional team of drivers. Looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others daily? Come join us.
Our highly professional, reliable and dependable truck drivers represent the Food Bank in a courteous and professional manner while out on the road and in all dealings and contact with member agencies and partners, suppliers, and donors. Our drivers are required to use excellent customer service skills, tact and diplomacy in all situations dealing with our partners and other team members and leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This role requires extensive personal interaction with internal and external customers, verifying documentation and loads, and safely transporting food to and from designated locations
- Operating both CDL Class A & B trucks, ensuring a safe and timely pick-up and delivery of product.
- Loading, inspecting all products, verifying quantities and expiration dates, informing the appropriate Supervisor of any issues found.
- Working independently, according to an assigned schedule, while assessing and responding to customer needs and to updated / changing plans, keeping the transportation team manager informed.
- Documenting travel, time worked, breaks, etc. via electronic logging methods.
- Deliver and pick up produce, frozen and dry food product to member agencies, suppliers, donors and other locations as assigned.
- Assists in loading trailer with materials.
- Unloads trailer by using forklift, electric pallet jack, or hand truck.
- Transports loads over required route to proper destinations.
- Obtains shipping bills and necessary signatures.
- Returns completed paperwork to the warehouse office.
- Removes empty pallets from trailer truck and carries them to designated piling area.
- Performs miscellaneous service duties such as checking oil, water, gasoline and air in tires on a daily basis.
- Other work-related and warehouse duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
- Reliable and regular attendance is expected
Perks and Benefits:
- HOME DAILY – Local Driving
- Hourly Pay with Overtime after 40 hours
- Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(B) retirement plan, 13 paid holidays plus bonus holidays, paid vacation days, sick pay, Company-Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Valid driver’s license – CDLA OR CDLB
- 18 years or older
- Safe Clean MVR/Abstract- No DUIs, DWIs, Multiple At Fault Accidents within the past 24 months
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to pass a standard, non-financial background check
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use mobile electronic devices to communicate and document travel, time worked, etc.
- Must have the skill set to safely execute multiple deliveries and pickups on a daily basis utilizing different types of vehicles.
- Must possess sound business acumen and the ability to establish credibility, trust and partnership at all levels of the organization.
- Must be detail oriented and responsible
- Have a high level of independence while working effectively and collaboratively with a diverse population.
- Have excellent organization, time-management, and task-management skills to maneuver in a very fast paced and diverse environment.
Food Bank For New York City
355 Food Center Drive F-buildingNew York, NY
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Food Bank For New York City
Get fresh Food Bank Driver jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.