Retail Manager - University Of Bridgeport Campus Store
- $58,100 to $63,000 Yearly
Join the Follett Team, where employees are valued, respected, and offered career paths throughout its many campus locations.
Follett serves over half of the students in the United States and works with 80,000 schools as a leading provider of education technology, services, and print and digital content. We're higher education's largest campus retailer and a hub for school spirit and community as we operate nearly 1,200 local campus stores and over 1,600 virtual stores across the continent. We take pride in the fact that for more than 140 years, we have been helping to improve people's lives by supporting a lifetime of learning and education.
Pay Rate - $58,100-$63,000 per year
As a Campus Store Manager, you will provide leadership for all facets of store operations. You will be responsible for inspiring teams to consistently drive results through sales growth while delivering the highest level of brand and operational excellence by ensuring your team delivers an engaging customer service experience.
Through your expertise and influence, you will cultivate an environment of mentorship and continuous development of your team members while staying engaged in financial metrics, store performance, and short/long-term planning and support a Regional Manager with overall store and campus relationships and operations.
Consistently demonstrate Follett Values - One Team, Innovate & Create, Put People First, Do What's Right, Own the Results, Stand for Inclusion. Demonstrate proficiency in Follett Strategic Core Competencies - Thought, Results, People, and Self.
To learn more about Follett's benefits, click here
Driving Results/Sales: Execute operating plans and daily operations for both traditional and rush (peak) periods consistent with company objectives. Including:
- Execute sales promotions, special events, book signings, and preparation of merchandise displays, store layout, and advertising copy.
- Responsible for leading in-store course materials activities in collaboration with course materials leadership.
- Partner with Regional Manager to review store financials and adjust accordingly to drive sales. Responsible for meeting annual shrink budget.
- Review and approve store markups, markdowns, and write-offs within company guidelines.
- Ensures the security of company assets and the safety of associates and customers, and adherence to company policies.
Campus Relationships: Communicate and partner with the campus including:
- Facilitation of campus and/or community events.
- Day-to-day communication of store operational activities.
- Strategic Partnership Reviews.
- Ensure campus outreach and engagement.
- Bookstore Advisory Committees.
Talent Management: Responsible for full cycle talent management, including:
- Develop cross-functional teams of engaged team members with the ability to execute initiatives and drive operational standards to produce business results.
- Ensure effective performance management and maintain a culture of accountability.
- Recruit, train, coach, and develop all team members.
Customer Service: Partner to create and maintain an engaging customer service culture, focused on solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer experience. To include:
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers, faculty, staff, administrators, vendors, and One Team Center staff to share information to improve and drive market share.
- Answer routine inquiries and handle escalated complaints.
- Ensure the store is neat, clean, and orderly.
- May oversee a café or convenience store and must ensure compliance with all health and food safety regulations.
Other duties as assigned to support general store operations.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent.
- 3-5 years of retail management or strong customer service experience.
- General Computer Skills.
- Academic retail experience is a plus.
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Vital customer service, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen.
- Advanced relationship building, a demonstrated ability to influence a team, and customer outreach.
- Travel: minimal - less than 10%.
Full time benefits:
- Medical, Dental, & Vison
- Voluntary Insurance plans
- 401k + 100% company match (up to 4%)
- 80 hours vacation + sick days
- 7 paid company holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.