Campus Retail Team Lead - Mountwest Community Tech Bookstore
- $15 to $18 Hourly
Join the Follett Team, where employees are valued, respected, and offered career paths throughout its many campus locations.
Follett serves over half of the students in the United States and works with 80,000 schools as a leading provider of education technology, services, and print and digital content. We're higher education's largest campus retailer and a hub for school spirit and community as we operate nearly 1,200 local campus stores and over 1,600 virtual stores across the continent. We take pride in the fact that for more than 140 years, we have been helping to improve people's lives by supporting a lifetime of learning and education.
Pay Rate - $15.00 - $18.28 per hour
As a Campus Store Leader, you will support a Market Leader or Campus Store Manager overseeing store operations. You will be responsible for driving results through sales growth while delivering the highest level of brand and operational excellence throughout the store by ensuring your team delivers an engaging customer service experience.
You will cultivate an environment of mentorship and continuous development of your team members while staying engaged in financial metrics and store performance and support a Market Leader or Campus Store Manager with overall store operations.
Consistently demonstrate Follett Values - One Team, Innovate & Create, Put People First, Do What's Right, Own the Results, Stand for Inclusion. Demonstrate proficiency in Follett Strategic Core Competencies - Thought, Results, People, and Self. You are required to maintain an availability that meets business needs.
Driving Results/Sales: Execute store plans and daily operations for both traditional and rush (peak) periods consistent with company objectives. To include:
- Execute sales promotions and special events (store, campus, community).
- Partner with store leadership to review store financials and recalibrate goals to drive sales.
- Operate cash registers and store systems to accept payments, place orders, and make changes adhering to safe cash handling procedures, including balancing cash drawer, preparing bank deposits, and daily opening and closing activities.
- Maintain appropriate inventory control in alignment with store operational procedures.
- Keep all areas of the store environment neat, clean, and organized.
- Shipping/Receiving responsibilities.
- Set sales floor to meet visual merchandise standards for General Merchandise and Course Materials.
- Ensure the security of company assets and the safety of team members and customers, and adherence to company policies.
- May review and approve store markups, markdowns, and write-offs within company guidelines.
- Responsible for executing in-store course materials activities in collaboration with course materials leadership.
Talent Management: Supervise the work activities of team members (FT/PT and temporary/seasonal) including:
- Train and coach team members on company and store standards.
- Ensure team members follow company and store policies, procedures, and standards.
- Perform onboarding procedures for new hires.
- Schedule team members' work hours within the store's operating budget.
- Provide coverage for team members during breaks, lunch, vacation, or peak seasonal periods.
Customer Service: Partner to create and maintain an engaging customer service culture, focused on solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer experience. To include:
- Greet customers and answers phones to provide information, direct callers, and resolve escalated issues.
- Drive market growth initiatives such as POS email collection.
- Maintain service level agreements for OMS Orders.
- Review customer feedback as provided by Market Leader or Campus Store Manager and proactively provide solutions to feedback.
Campus Relationships: Communicate and partner with the campus to include:
- Day-to-day communication of store operational activities.
- Facilitate campus events.
Other duties as assigned to support general store operations.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent.
- 0-5 years of relevant experience.
- Academic retail experience is a plus.
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer service, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen.
- Advanced relationship building, a demonstrated ability to influence a team, and customer outreach.
- General computer skills.
- Travel: minimal - less than 10%.
Full time benefits:
- Medical, Dental, & Vison
- Voluntary Insurance plans
- 401k + 100% company match (up to 4%)
- 80 hours vacation + sick days
- 7 paid company holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
RetailView All Follett Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.