Senior Purchasing Agent
The Senior Purchasing Agent – Projects is responsible for the timely execution of developing, implementing, and executing procurement strategies for new product and sustaining production in an efficient, cost-effective manner while maintaining quality standards.
· Researches, identifies, and establishes sources for the procurement of material, both direct and indirect, services, equipment, and other purchases as required.
· Prepare requests for quotations (RFQs/RFPs), analyze supplier responses, and confirm purchase orders within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
· Establishes and maintains strategic partnerships with suppliers.
· Identifies and qualifies new suppliers as needed with Quality and Engineering.
· Performs site audits of potential as well as current suppliers.
· Negotiates pricing, delivery, payment terms and other conditions with current and prospective suppliers.
· Assists other buyers in addressing emergent supplier issues relating to quality, delivery, or other concerns. In some cases, a problem supplier will be temporarily assigned to the Senior Purchasing Agent until such time that the situation stabilizes.
· Issues and approves purchase orders as needed to procure production related material.
· Facilitates Follett / Supplier communication.
· Leads conferences between suppliers and Follett personnel such as Engineering, Buyers, and Quality.
· Provides supplier with performance feedback using formal and informal communication tools with respect to quality and delivery.
· Addresses quality and delivery issues associated with purchased components by collaborating with the supplier, Buyers, and Engineering.
· Facilitates product changes by participating on new product development teams to ensure that deliverables as defined in project charters are successfully implemented for buying and production planning related deliverables.
· Implement contingency plans with Production Planning and Manufacturing when inventory availability commitments are at risk and initiate work-around.
· Participate on engineering change orders (ECO) and corrective action requests (CAR).
· Planning and executing the smooth and economic transition of purchased components affected by a change in either engineering specifications or suppliers.
· Applies and expands the use of lean supply philosophies to the supply chain by implementing replenishment supply systems in place of traditional systems where applicable.
· Maintains company databases and systems in accordance with company policies.
· Maintains cost data in the company ERP system.
· Assists in maintaining accurate inventory in Follett’s ERP system.
· Maintains accurate Item Master data.
· Plans for the appropriate re-supply of material based on the Master Assembly Schedule using MRP, ROP, and Supplier Pull Systems.
· Calculates economic order quantities and performs make versus buy analysis.
· Assists in the development and control of departmental budgets by assisting in the development and control of the purchase parts variance account, travel budget, and other key department financial results.
· Participates as a department representative on assigned product development teams, process development teams and other teams and initiatives.
· Resolves cost issues with suppliers and the accounting group.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in business related field preferred. Supply chain focus a plus. Professional Certifications: APP or CPM and/or APICS CPIM preferred.
· 5+ years’ experience in technical sourcing, project management, or new product development sourcing role.
· Experience functioning in a lean environment with skills for implementing and sustaining pull systems, JIT, and other lean initiatives.
· Experience using MRP planning systems.
· Able to work closely with others in an initiative-taking fast paced team environment.
· Excellent oral and written communication skill. Demonstrated leader and negotiator that generates results.
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office Professional Products. Exposure to Avante ERP system preferred.
· Experience in global sourcing and logistics.
Follett LLCEaston, PA
BusinessView All Follett LLC Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.