Seasonal Retail Team Member - Western New Mexico University Bookstore F341
Follett Corporation Silver City, NM
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hiring Immediately! Hourly Rate of $12 per Hour
Perks - Employee discount, flexible schedule
Join the Follett team that serves over half of the students in the United States and works with over 80,000 schools. We're higher education's largest campus retailer and a hub for school spirit and community as we operate nearly 1,200 local campus stores and over 1,600 virtual stores across the continent. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team this is the place for you!Job Description
This temporary position greets customers, assists customers with store inquiries, answers the phone and/or directs callers, tabulates purchases using the register for transactions. Use safe money handling procedures and secure transaction practices. Greet customers and render assistance as necessary responding to inquiries of products and merchandise.
*This position is a temporary position that can last up to 6 weeks*
Hourly Pay Rate for this position is $9 per hour.
- Answers phone and responds to inquiries or direct calls for appropriate resolution.
- Operates cash register tabulating transactions, accepting payments, giving change, bagging purchases and processing employee or faculty discounts as appropriate. Starts up and shuts down register, trouble shoots, counts down register, perform cashier audits, etc. Balances the cash drawer including checks and the credit card receipts and student charge slips.
- Observes safe money handling procedures and secure transaction practices when accepting cash payment, making change, accepting checks and credit card payments, and processing refunds/buybacks. Includes cashier integrity to safeguard register and drawer deposits.
- Receive, sort and open, as necessary, mail. May also take outgoing mail to mailbox or Post Office.
- Carry and shelve merchandise inventory; may also pull and package merchandise for return to vendors. Straightens merchandise, stocks shelves, prices merchandise and may assist in setting up displays and signs. May be required to mop, vacuum, clean shelves and take out trash.
- Ensure inventory controls tags are removed and/or replaced on merchandise according to company standards as applicable.
- Pick, process and pack orders for shipping in accordance with Retail Store Operations
- Fill in for other employees during absences, for breaks and lunches, and during periods of high volume.
- May perform data entry or type simple correspondence including printing and system back-up.
- Take inventory as needed and may have responsibility for ordering general merchandise items (snacks, beverages, newspapers, magazines, etc.).
- May provide customer service/sales functions for special events (including but not limited to author signings, graduation and athletic events)
- 0 - 12 months of previous retail or clerical experience preferred.
- Strong customer service skills including effective communication.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload.
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
AddressSilver City, NM
RetailView all jobs at Follett Corporation