Focused Cyber has an opportunity for a Digital Forensics Analyst/Investigator to support one of our Federal Customers in the DC Metro Area!
Give us the chance to make you a good offer.
Join a fast-growing company highly experienced in cyber security, cloud computing, virtualization, big data analytics, and project management! FC offers very competitive compensation, excellent benefits, including PTO, Holidays and Sick days off, tuition reimbursement and employer-contributed 401K, free training and referral bonuses. We work with the best customers on-site at top government agencies.
Clearance Level: TS with SCI eligibility
Citizenship: US Citizenship
Location: Arlington, VA
Work Schedule : Days and Shift work available
Telework eligibility: N/A
Program Overview and Responsibilities:
The Digital Forensics Analyst/Investigator performs a variety of highly technical analyses and procedures dealing with the collection, processing, preservation, analysis, and presentation of computer related evidence, and is responsible for disseminating and reporting cyber?related activities, conducing vulnerability analyses and risk management of computer systems and recovering information from computers and data storage devices. Use forensic tools and investigative methods to find specific electronic data, including Internet use history, word processing documents, images and other files. Proficient in the latest forensic, response, and reverse engineering skills, but is astute in the latest exploit methodologies. Recover information from computers and data storage devices. Use forensic tools and investigative methods to find specific electronic data, including Internet use history, word processing documents, images and other files and information that have been hidden, deleted or lost.
- Sr. and Intermediate Digital Forensics - A combination of a degree and multiple years of experience*, or enough experience in lieu of a degree (*Need 3 to 9 years of experience, depending on level applying for)
- Digital Forensics Lead - Bachelorﾒs Degree and a minimum of 15 years related technical experience required or Masterﾒs Degree in a technical area with 12 years of experience for the Lead Role.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
- Familiarity using forensic tools and investigative methods to locate specific electronic data.
- Proficient in the latest forensic, response, and reverse engineering skills and astute in the latest exploit methodologies.
- A combination of a degree and multiple years of experience*, or enough experience in lieu of a degree (*Need 3 to 15 years of experience, depending on level applying for) TOP SECRET with SCI eligibility. We can check to see if you are eligible if you don't know.
- Hands-on working experience with Encase and/ or FTK digital forensics applications
- Experience in planning, directing, and managing projects/operations in a 24x7 SOC
- Experience providing metrics and reports from a SIEM
- Demonstrated expert-level knowledge of Intrusion Detection
- Demonstrated expert-level knowledge of industry standards and best practices within digital forensics
- Experience with researching and fielding new and innovative technology
- Experience managing IT systems
- Strong communications and technical writing skills
- Strong team player with the ability to conduct daily duties autonomously
- Bachelorﾒs Degree in an IT related field of study
- Experience within SOC/NOC operations
- Familiarity with Kill Chain for incident response
- Familiarity with malware analysis
- Familiarity with incident response products and best practices
- Customer Service experience
- DODD 8570 Level II certification or higher such as Security+, CEH, MSCE, CCNA, or CISSP Certification.
Focused Cyber is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Interested! Apply Now for immediate Consideration!
Main Number: 804-539-8278 or 703-221-6524
Careers@FocusedCyber.com or Recruiting@FocusedCyber.com
Focused Cyber, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Minority-Owned Business (MOB) and soon to be designated HubZone business. FC is a full-service IT company known for providing customers with cutting-edge cyber security solutions that ensure clients cyber security missions are executed effectively and efficiently. We design, deploy, and operate comprehensive cyber security infrastructures, including network security devices and endpoint protection. FC provides services to support CIOs, CISOs, SOCs, CERTs, CNDSPs and other cyber security departments with ISO 9000, ISO 20000 and ISO 27000 emulated quality services. At FC, we tackle rapidly evolving threats and ever-changing regulations head-on by providing flexible technology solutions, services, and training.