Direct hire position in Picayune, MS for Network Admin/Desktop Support/Help Desk person, with the drive and ambition to develop into Network Support as well!
Do you have:
Net app/storage array experience?
Windows Systems Administration experience?
- Administer network workstations, utilizing one or more TCP/IP or non-TCP/IP networking protocols.
- Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
- Install, configure, and maintain personal computers, Microsoft workstations, file servers, ethernet networks, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, printers and systems;
- Maintain inventory for all software/hardware.
- Plan and implement network security, including building firewalls, applying cryptography to network applications, managing host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
- Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users on operating systems, relational databases, and other applications; assist users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
- Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations.
- Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement preventive measures.
- Establish and perform maintenance programs following company and vendor standards.
- Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
- Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Maintain/Support IP Telephony.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Document all hardware equipment and software.
- Document resolutions to common problems as well as document all running problems.
- Documents specific duties, activities, problems solved and issues resolved
- Assists in the documentation of the network, applications and resources on the network in conjunction with the public service
Why Work Here?Focus of Georgia is an established Atlanta-based employment firm that specializes in Accounting/Financial, Administrative/Clerical, Call Center and Technology. Because we have a team of recruiting professionals dedicated to each of these specialties, we are more connected and better equipped to match the best talent with the most dynamic companies. We find our candidates jobs that they're uniquely qualified for, and very often the positions turn into long-term or full-time work.
Great company to work for.