Focus Workforce Management, a leading high-volume staffing agency for manufacturing and distribution facilities, is seeking quality Warehouse Associates for a large distribution center.
Work-site location is in Cranbury, NJ.
Opportunity for conversion to full-time employee for the right candidates.
The role of Machine Operator is to complete a number of tasks and responsibilities that ensure effective and efficient movement of merchandise from one location to another. The Operator is accountable for the safe operation of the vehicle, and other duties as assigned. Ensure that the relocating process does not interfere with the company standards of the product.
- Load and unload inbound shipments efficiently and safely and move product to storage locations.
- Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Equipment: Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment. Use radio frequency equipment for picking, receiving, put-away, and load functions, as required.
- Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- On a daily basis, inspect equipment and report any maintenance issues to your immediate supervisor.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained; assist in physical inventories and ensure proper stock rotation.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area to assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
- 1+ year prior warehouse/distribution center experience
- Experience operating Electric Jack, Stand-Up Reach Truck and Sit-Down forklift
- Ability to work in a fast-paced distribution environment
- Able to perform basic math skills and order items in alpha/numeric sequence
- Perform manual labor and stand for long periods of time
- Follow written and verbal direction
- Effectively communicate with departmental personnel
- Detail oriented and quality focused
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Good basic knowledge of Warehouse inventory systems
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft excel, word, and outlook)
Work involves exposure to typical industrial environment, which may include exposure to hot/humid conditions and industrial noise from machines and equipment. Considerable physical activity. Requires some pushing, pulling, or lifting of objects up to 50 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Forklift Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
Immediate Openings Available - Apply NOW!!!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12 - $13.50/hour
- United States (Required)