Director of Operations
Focus Foods Baton Rouge, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Director of Operations will work directly under the COO, and will be responsible for managing the day to day operations for the Company. Activities will include establishing KPI's, benchmarks, goals, providing the team the tools to succeed, managing all activities to achieve targeted results, and operate within the organization's budget.
- Develop and help implement actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives. This includes an annual operating plan and budget
- Oversee and manage day-to-day company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture, ensuring team members thrive, and organizational goals are met
- Collaborate with the COO in setting and driving organizational vision, operational strategy and hiring plans, implement appropriate processes, procedures and systems to optimize operations
- Ensure the company adheres to federal, state, local business and food industry certification requirements, taking action when necessary to enforce compliance
- Oversee the execution of approved processes and programs to manufacture high quality, defect free blend and flavor products that meet customer specifications
- Actively manage a team of internal resources and external partners responsible for executing day-to-day activities in each of the functional areas
- Deep understanding of various business functional areas such as HR, Finance, Marketing, IT, etc.
- Partner with and manage the HR team to ensure all aspects of HR are being executed appropriately, including payroll management, onboarding and off boarding, documentation
- The creation and maintenance, culture development, employee reviews, benefits administration, etc.
- Manage external legal and regulatory relationships, including contracts, licensing, insurance, and other critical documentation and filings
- Develop and foster a continuous improvement culture that empowers employees and drives waste out of our operations
- Manage and report monthly on team goals and results
- Complete any other duties that may be assigned to complete the job
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration
- 5-10 years of executive level operational and managerial experience; preferably related to food the food industry
- Implement appropriate processes, procedures, and systems to optimize operations
- Ensure the packaging of quality food in a safe environment
- Understanding of food regulatory and safety compliance issues
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills
- Capable of making decisions independently and exercising excellent judgment
- Strategic planning experience that has led to strong demonstrable growth and value appreciation
- Broad knowledge of ESG frameworks, strategies, and initiatives
- Proven ability to create strong relationships of business and community leaders
- Proven ability to execute on corporate initiatives and inspire excellence in a team
- Maintain a positive, entrepreneurial attitude that is aligned with core values
- Excellent verbal and written communication; proven presentation skills
Focus FoodsWhy Work Here?
"Great company, growing fast with opportunities for people willing to commit to the success of the team!"
Focus Foods works to strengthen communities by providing better access to nutrition.
10000 CelticBaton Rouge, LA
BusinessView all jobs at Focus Foods