Project Manager, Roofing
Flynn Group of Companies Hanover, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
“Fast paced, excitement of pursuit, rewarding, being part of amazing projects, visiting worksites, overall culture, endless opportunities, having the feeling of some autonomy”
This is what our Project Managers coast to coast, love most about working as an Project Manager at Flynn!
Here at Flynn, we are a family. We offer employment that is exciting, challenging and provide talented people with great opportunities. As the leading trade contractor in North America, our winning success is having the right people on our team.
The position of “Project Manager” is a skilled role, in which the Project Manager provides the overall on-site administrative and technical management for a project, while ensuring the total constructive efforts are in accordance with the plans and specifications and are communicated to all parties involved. The Project Manager reports to the Operations Manager in the Hanover, MD location.
- Rewarding, challenging, fast-paced work in an excellent environment
- Be part of a dynamic team while using your innovation and creativity daily
- Develop life skills by learning and growing both personally and professionally
- Be part of a company that offers career advancement opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program offered to all employees and their families
- Excellent benefits program including; Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401K
- Complete responsibility for assigned project from start to finish.
- Work with Superintendent to pre-plan the execution of project and develop project schedule.
- Manage contract and develop SOV and ensure that contract language matches prepared estimates.
- Assist in preparing project binder for Superintendent and Foreman that contains project information, scope of work, budgets, safety plans, etc.
- Produce, manage, and track the project submittals; Perform material takeoffs
- Coordinate with Superintendent, Estimator, and vendors to do the buyout of the materials and subcontracts
- Write RFIs and coordinate communication between the client and the Company
- Participate in jobsite walks and meetings with clients and Superintendents prior to project start to address site conditions
- Prepare Schedule of Values and coordinate with Admin department to ensure accurate and timely billing of all projects
- Document, track, and create change orders to ensure payment for all extra work. Negotiate change orders with clients
- Track and manage costs on projects; achieve budgeted profit margins
- Update and maintain an accurate project forecast
- Experience in the commercial roofing industry preferred
- Ability to read plans and specifications
- Experience in Blue Beam
- OSHA 10 or 30-hour certification is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office package
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written & oral communication
- Strong negotiation and time management skills
- Experience with a top tier general contractor preferred
- Ability to be a team player and work in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
Flynn Group of Companies is the leading trade contractor in North America that works on virtually every aspect of a building’s outer layer, including roofing, glazing, waterproofing, and architectural metals. The foundation of our award winning success is having the right people on our team.
Thanks to the contributions of the most talented team in the market and a collaborative, supportive culture, Flynn has steadily grown since 1978, and continues to do so. We understand the importance of and prioritize the growth of our people too, offering many learning & development and career opportunities.
To apply to any of our current roles, please visit https://jobs.flynncompanies.com.
For more information about the Flynn Family, Flynn University and career opportunities, please visit www.flynncompanies.com
At Flynn, it's not just a job, it's a career.
Flynn Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer - minorities/women/disabled/protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
All employees hired must pass a pre-employment drug test, have a valid driver's license and/or reliable means of transportation, and proof of legal ability to work in the U.S.
Applicants are not required to disclose criminal convictions prior to receiving a conditional offer of employment. However, as a government contractor working on schools, military bases, and other secure jobsite, employees may undergo a criminal background check as a condition of employment. Flynn will consider the following when evaluating applicants with criminal records: (1) The nature and gravity of any criminal offense or conduct; (2) the duration between the criminal conduct and the employment application; and (3) the nature of the duties and essential functions of the position sought.
Flynn Group of Companies
ConstructionView all jobs at Flynn Group of Companies