The foundation of our success is having the right people on our team!
Position Profile: Bilingual Health & Safety Specialist
Health and Safety Specialists are responsible for identifying hazards in the workplace, inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, oversees and trains on compliance with corporate & government health, safety standards, & regulations, design & implement workplace processes and procedures that help protect workers from potentially hazardous work conditions, Investigate accidents and incidents to identify their causes and to determine how they might be prevented in the future, conduct training on a variety of safety topics, coaching and educating all Flynn Employees. This position will be based out of our Baltimore Branch, reporting to the Aaron Beisly the Regional Health & Safety Manager and supporting Nicole Ewing the Branch Manager.
Responsibilities of the Bilingual Health and Safety Specialist include:
- Manage the safety requirements of operational construction sites and equipment.
- Conduct safety evaluations of Flynn project sites using documentation and standardized processes.
- Ensure that sub-contractors adhere to required safety standards in keeping with Flynn policy/legislation.
- Identifying potential risks and safety hazards during a project through involvement throughout the job life cycle.
- pre-mobilization, construction and autopsy).
- Performing accident and incident investigations as per the company’s health & safety programs.
- Maintain a conducive working relationship with all Management, PM’s, Superintendents, and field through education and giving practical on-site application options.
- Assisting with the communication and implementation of the company’s claims management and return to work programs.
- Be proactive in recommending changes to improve the safety programs.
- Participate in the development and implementation of safety training programs.
- Conducting new worker safety orientations and other required training programs as needed.
- Report writing and maintaining of all required documentation.
- Attending and facilitating monthly safety committee meetings as required.
- Frequent visits to job sites to do safety audits and be resource to the filed is required.
Skills/Qualifications of the Health and Safety Specialist include:
- Strong Computer skills
- Bachelor or Associate degree in Safety & Health or equivalent experience/Recent graduate encouraged to apply.
- OSHA 30, OSHA 502 Train the Trainer, or willing to become OSHA 502 Train the Trainer
- Must be willing to climb ladder and not afraid of heights.
- Safety knowledge in Working at Heights, Fall Protection, Fire Protection, GHS/Haz Com, and other OSHA Regulations.
- Knowledge and practical experience in accident investigation.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Training and performing presentation frequently are an asset.
- Ability to be self motivated with minimal supervision.
- Team attitude with a willingness to learn.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Bilingual in Spanish
Flynn Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Flynn Group of Companies is an affiliated contractor with the Helmets to Hardhats Program.
For more information about starting your career with Flynn please visit www.flynncompanies.com
Flynn Group of Companies
Why Work Here?
At Flynn, It's not just a job. It's a Career