Commercial Roofing Service Sales Estimator – Kansas City location
Join the Flynn Family and experience the Flynn Way.
As North America’s leading building envelope contractor, Flynn Group of Companies employs over 4500 employees, with branches coast-to-coast across Canada and multiple branches in the United States. The “Flynn Way” is what sets us apart. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a close-knit family work environment, stability, the opportunity to advance your career, and much, much more.
The foundation of our success is having the right people on our crew.
Flynn takes pride in providing the best for our employees, recognizing that our people are the greatest asset. We understand how important our people are to our continued success, so we’ve made Flynn a place they want to work. At Flynn, we provide our employees with the opportunity to take their career further. We strive to help our people build their skills amongst teams that innovate and educate, while ensuring we constantly evolve as a company.
At Flynn, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Are you ready to experience “The Flynn Way”?
- Rewarding, challenging, fast-paced work in an excellent environment
- Be part of a dynamic team while using your innovation and creativity daily
- Develop life skills by learning and growing both personally and professionally
- Be part of a company that offers career advancement opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program offered to all employees and their families
- Excellent benefits program including; Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401K Matching.
Service Estimator/Sales will be based out of our Kansas City location, reporting to Service Manager.
This position of "Service Estimator" is a skilled role, in which the Service Estimator works out how much it is going to cost to supply products and services in order to complete the repairs needed. This position works closely with the Service Manager in order to keep up to date with all the ongoing change to jobs in the field. Due to the fact that this is a service job you will be required to respond to multiple requests and prioritize accordingly.
Responsibilities of the Service Estimator/Sales (Roofing Services) include:
- Understand and prepare takeoffs/estimates for assigned Jobs
- Attending pre-tender site meetings to prepare an accurate estimate
- Understand the client's wants and needs. Give him/her what they want, only offer suggestions or alternations when asked to or deemed required
- Prepare quotations and tenders. Stay current on Addendums and drawing revisions before time of tender. Tenders to be checked before closing.
- Be aware and informed of all new materials or techniques in your field by attending material manufacturer's seminars, trade shows, etc.
- Follow-up on your quotes and tenders and confirm the outcome
- Review all contracts and accepted quotations. Review with the department Manager for final approval
- Write up work orders completely and in a concise and timely manner so to assist scheduling and purchasing materials at the best prices.
- Prepare materials order sheets for jobs.
- Maintain and grow ongoing business relationships through direct and frequent communication.
- Initiating & developing relationships with key decision makers in all serviceable markets
- Develop good working relationships with current clients to ensure full quality and satisfaction.
- Coordinating own efforts with National and local Business Development.
- Develop new clients; maintain and grow ongoing business relationships through direct and frequent communication
- Identifying and sourcing out prospective clients from various sectors to achieving business targets
- Generate leads for new business
- Remote interactions and presentations/demos.
- Supporting corporate initiatives and business development objectives.
Skills/Qualifications of the Service Estimator/Sales (Roofing Services) include:
- High School or G.E.D. Diploma required, some college is preferred
- Experience in commercial, building envelope related estimating, specifically in roofing is an asset
- Local market (Kansas City area) experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office package
- Ability to read plans and specifications
- Excellent written & oral communication
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team/sales driven environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to be self-directed
- Willingness to learn entire scope of business including product knowledge, building envelope design, service, and budgeting to offer full service packages to current and potential clients
Flynn Group of Companies is an affiliated contractor with the Helmets to Hardhats Program.
Flynn is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.