Join the Flynn Family and experience the Flynn Way.
As North America’s leading building envelope contractor, Flynn Group of Companies employs over 4500 employees, with branches coast-to-coast across Canada and multiple branches in the United States. The “Flynn Way” is what sets us apart. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a close-knit family work environment, stability, the opportunity to advance your career, and much, much more.
The foundation of our success is having the right people on our crew.
Flynn takes pride in providing the best for our employees, recognizing that our people are the greatest asset. We understand how important our people are to our continued success, so we’ve made Flynn a place they want to work. At Flynn, we provide our employees with the opportunity to take their career further. We strive to help our people build their skills amongst teams that innovate and educate, while ensuring we constantly evolve as a company.
At Flynn, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Are you ready to experience “The Flynn Way”?
- Rewarding, challenging, fast-paced work in an excellent environment
- Be part of a dynamic team while using your innovation and creativity daily
- Develop life skills by learning and growing both personally and professionally
- Be part of a company that offers career advancement opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program offered to all employees and their families
- Excellent benefits program including; Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, as well as a 401K Plan
Commercial Roofing Service Manager will be based out of our Dallas-Fort Worth location reporting to the Branch Manager.
The Commercial Roofing Service Manager is responsible for managing the business of Roofing service, installation, maintenance and repair, and serving clients of commercial properties, industrial and institutional facilities.
Responsibilities of the Service Manager include:
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing customers, Roof Consultants and Product Representatives
- Attend conventions, conferences and seminars related to the roofing industry
- Entertain at least one customer per week through lunches, golf and hockey games.
- Complete and/or review quotes and tenders for maintenance, repairs & mechanical upgrades as well as tenders for new roofs and roof replacements
- Prepare and/or review roof reports with photos, roof CAD drawings and quotes
- Create Work Orders for maintenance, repairs, new installations and roof replacements
- Review bid sheet weekly to establish work load and fluctuations
- Review and update the production schedule with Superintendent
- Review and discuss safety audits with superintendent and foremen
- Review purchasing practices and suppliers with purchaser
- Conduct bi-weekly staff meetings to discuss, schedules staffing and general day to day items
- Field calls from customers unsatisfied with either our service or schedule
- Review customer invoices and payable invoices
- Review weekly labor summaries
- Review monthly work on hand with superintendent for jobs ready for invoicing
- Develop and maintain employee files containing personal and all work related information
- Review monthly “Gross Profit Analysis” and make cost adjustments on active jobs.
- Review monthly “Job Costs” in conjunction with the Gross Profit Analysis
- Produce an annual budget for sales and overheads, which predicts staff and equipment acquisitions.
- Produce monthly an estimated sales forecast with estimated gross profit
- Review on an ongoing basis the aged accounts receivables
- Field daily questions from staff, pertaining to problems with jobs and customers
- Involvement in branch construction projects
- Review all requests for purchasing of tools, equipment and office supplies
- Review monthly “Sales Recap Reports” issued from head office.
- Maintain a departmental sales chart from the invoiced sales summary
- Review and approve/deny all requests for status changes and pay increases of all field staff
- Responsible for all department staff including, hiring, terminating, goal setting and performance reviews
Skills/Qualifications of the Service Sales include:
- Customer Service-oriented
- Experience in a supervisory/management role in a construction environment, preferably in the commercial roofing and building envelope industry
- Strong management, delegation, planning, and leadership skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and possess strong problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite. Ability to quickly adapt construction software training to efficient implementation of those processes
- Background in sales and business development
Flynn Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Flynn Group of Companies is an affiliated contractor with the Helmets to Hardhats Program.