#roofing #estimator #construction
Join the Flynn Family and experience the Flynn Way.
The foundation of our success is having the right people on our crew.
Flynn takes pride in providing the best for our employees, recognizing that our people are the greatest asset. We understand how important our people are to our continued success, so we’ve made Flynn a place they want to work. At Flynn, we provide our employees with the opportunity to take their career further. We strive to help our people build their skills amongst teams that innovate and educate, while ensuring we constantly evolve as a company.
At Flynn, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
This position will be based out of our Baltimore location, reporting to the Branch Manager.
Responsibilities of the Senior Estimator (Roofing) include:
- Review bid opportunities and advise on the selection of bids to pursue
- Attend all pre-bid site meetings to prepare accurate estimates
- Analyze and comprehend project plans, specs and details
- Analyze project financials and labor costs
- Complete thorough bid packages for clients
- Prepare takeoffs/estimates of costs of materials, labor and equipment
- Prepare and follow-up on quotations and advise on tendering procedures (including examination and analyzing of estimates)
- Establish and maintain existing relationships with Strategic Accounts (such as consultants and customers)
- Review all contracts and accepted quotations
- Prepare and maintain a directory of product suppliers
- Review products used in projects
- Consult and communicate with project managers, architects, engineers and clients involved at all levels of a project
Skills/Qualifications of the Senior Estimator (Roofing) include:
- Estimating experience in the commercial roofing industry
- Local market knowledge preferred
- Ability to read plans and specifications
- Proficiency in MS Office package
- Excellent written & oral communication
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to be a team player and work in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
Additional Role Info
Flynn Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Flynn Group of Companies is an affiliated contractor with the Helmets to Hardhats Program.
Flynn Group Of Companies