Join the Flynn Family and experience the Flynn Way.
As North America’s leading building envelope contractor, Flynn Group of Companies employs over 4500 employees, with branches coast-to-coast across Canada and multiple branches in the United States. The “Flynn Way” is what sets us apart. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a close-knit family work environment, stability, the opportunity to advance your career, and much, much more.
The foundation of our success is having the right people on our crew.
Flynn takes pride in providing the best for our employees, recognizing that our people are the greatest asset. We understand how important our people are to our continued success, so we’ve made Flynn a place they want to work. At Flynn, we provide our employees with the opportunity to take their career further. We strive to help our people build their skills amongst teams that innovate and educate, while ensuring we constantly evolve as a company.
At Flynn, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Are you ready to experience “The Flynn Way”?
- Work for one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
- Rewarding, challenging, fast-paced work in an excellent environment
- Use your innovation and creativity daily
- Be part of a company that offers career advancement opportunities
- Develop life skills by learning and growing both personally and professionally
- Excellent benefits program including; Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and RRSP matching
This position will be based out of our Ottawa location, reporting to the Roofing Manager.
- Complete responsibility for projects from start to finish
- Must know and maintain project budget and project status at all times
- Pre-plan execution of projects and develop project schedules
- Manage contract -- develop schedule of values and ensure that contract language matches company prepared estimates
- Review plans and specs to ensure all project requirements are met
- Manage detailing and engineering vendors and oversee drawing submittal process
- Write RFIs and coordinate all communication between the client and the Company
- Conduct jobsite walks with clients and company field superintendents prior to project start to address site conditions and during active projects to monitor site progress
- Coordinate shop fabrication and erection schedules with client and internal production tam
- Coordinate with Accounting department to ensure accurate and timely billing of all projects
- Coordinate the work with other trades
- Document and create change orders to ensure payment for all extra work. Negotiate change orders with clients.
- Manage safety issues on active projects
- Manage costs on projects to achieve budgeted profit margins
- Resolve issues of design and contract compliance with the general contractor and/or architect.
- Maintain coordination and communication required on projects between Contractors, Sub-Contractors, Engineers and internal project management team.
- 2+ years of experience in construction Project Management
- Education in a civil engineering / construction management or a related educational field
- Strong blueprint reading skills and firm understanding of contract documents
- Strong knowledge of roofing & metal wall panel systems preferred
- Experienced in using computer programs specific to this role (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, Bluebeam, On-Screen Take-Off)
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Strong negotiation and time management skills
- Experience with a top tier general contractor preferred
- Estimating experience, a plus
Flynn Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Flynn Group of Companies is an affiliated contractor with the Helmets to Hardhats Program.