Join the Flynn Family and experience the Flynn Way.
As North America’s leading building envelope contractor, Flynn Group of Companies employs over 4500 employees, with branches coast-to-coast across Canada and multiple branches in the United States. The “Flynn Way” is what sets us apart. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a close-knit family work environment, stability, the opportunity to advance your career, and much, much more.
The foundation of our success is having the right people on our crew.
Flynn takes pride in providing the best for our employees, recognizing that our people are the greatest asset. We understand how important our people are to our continued success, so we’ve made Flynn a place they want to work. At Flynn, we provide our employees with the opportunity to take their career further. We strive to help our people build their skills amongst teams that innovate and educate, while ensuring we constantly evolve as a company.
At Flynn, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Are you ready to experience “The Flynn Way”?
- Work for one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
- Rewarding, challenging, fast-paced work in an excellent environment
- Be part of a dynamic team while using your innovation and creativity daily
- Develop life skills by learning and growing both personally and professionally
- Be part of a company that offers career advancement opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program offered to all employees and their families
- Excellent benefits program including; Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and RRSP matching
Responsibilities of the Project Manager - Metals (Supply Only) include:
- To be the primary point of contact for any appointed projects and manage all aspects from start to finish.
- Review of all contracts, specifications, addendums, drawings and correspondence to be able to efficiently plan and execute the project’s scope of work.
- Submit any clarifications or RFI’s pertaining to any concerns pertaining to the project.
- Engage in planning and executing work procedures.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and adheres to construction schedules
- Coordinate with Estimators to price all changes in the scope of work and follow up on the receipt of approved Change Orders prior to proceeding with the work.
- Coordinate with manufacturing division to ensure product is scheduled for fabrication
- Coordinate with shipping department to ensure materials are delivered to the customers
- Prepare and complete monthly cost reports and schedule of values for each project
- Approve close out of projects and ensure all invoices have been issued
- Gather and submit warranty documentation
Skills/Qualifications of the Project Manager - Metals (Supply Only) include:
- 3+ years’ experience as a Project Manager or 10 years’ experience in a Project Coordinator role in a Construction environment
- Knowledge of Commercial Building Envelope
- Experience working with architectural panels and other rain screen products
- Experience with curtain wall / glazing systems, roofing & waterproofing is considered an asset
- Education in a civil engineering / building science program or a related educational field
- This position is primarily in a manufacturing work setting
Skills / Knowledge
- Proficiency in MS office package, including MS Project
- Proficiency in Autocad 2D and 3D
- Highly motivated with strong organizational, analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to multi task and work in a team environment
- Strong blueprint reading skills
We are also highly active and committed to creating an environment which is accessible to all of our customers, employees and applicants. Reasonable accommodations in the hiring process will be provided to people with disabilities upon request.
Flynn Group of Companies is an affiliated contractor with the Helmets to Hardhats Program.