Join the Flynn Family and experience the Flynn Way.
As North America’s leading building envelope contractor, Flynn Group of Companies employs over 4500 employees, with branches coast-to-coast across Canada and multiple branches in the United States. The “Flynn Way” is what sets us apart. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a close-knit family work environment, stability, the opportunity to advance your career, and much, much more.
The foundation of our success is having the right people on our crew.
Flynn takes pride in providing the best for our employees, recognizing that our people are the greatest asset. We understand how important our people are to our continued success, so we’ve made Flynn a place they want to work. At Flynn, we provide our employees with the opportunity to take their career further. We strive to help our people build their skills amongst teams that innovate and educate, while ensuring we constantly evolve as a company.
At Flynn, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Are you ready to experience “The Flynn Way”?
- Work for one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
- Rewarding, challenging, fast-paced work in an excellent environment
- Be part of a dynamic team while using your innovation and creativity daily
- Develop life skills by learning and growing both personally and professionally
- Be part of a company that offers career advancement opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program offered to all employees and their families
- Excellent benefits program including; Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and RRSP matching
The position of HR Generalist will be based out of our Winnipeg location, reporting directly to the Regional HR Business Partner and indirectly to the VP, Prairie Region.
Responsibilities of the Regional HR Generalist include:
- Responsible for the recruitment process of office employees within the Prairie Region, from creating requisitions to hire, job postings, sourcing and screening candidates, participating in interviews, checking references, verifying background checks, and preparing offer letters for successful candidates.
- Work closely with the field recruitment team to effectively source and recruit field staff within the Prairies.
- Participate in the development and implementation of new and existing recruitment initiatives such as career fairs, targeted advertising, utilization of agencies etc. to maximize the pool of potential candidates.
- Understand hiring manager’s needs and build internal relationships. Site visits as required.
- Provide day-to-day operational problem solving and tactical advice to line Managers.
- Strategize and find solutions with Managers on Performance and/or Disciplinary issues.
- Establish relationships with local schools (high schools, colleges and universities) to present Flynn opportunities to students.
- Conduct new hire orientations.
- Assist with any inquiries regarding benefits, immigration, SAP and learning & development.
- Enter organizational changes into SAP (new hires, transfers, salary changes, etc.).
- Participate in national HR Special projects as needed
- Support Regional HR Business Partner as needed
- All administration related to HR Processes
Skills/Qualifications of the HR Generalist include:
- Relevant University Degree or Diploma
- 5-7 years’ experience as an HR Generalist
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) designation preferred
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Be a “good fit” with the Regional Management and Shared Services HR Team
- Ability to travel extensively to branches as required (up to 30% of the time)
- Ability to work independently and in a team, while take full advantage of the Shared Services Support that is available
- Experience in the Construction or Manufacturing industry is a distinct asset
- Experience with SAP is considered an asset
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills
- Strong MS office skills
- Must be familiar with the labour standard within Saskatchewan and Manitoba
We are also highly active and committed to creating an environment which is accessible to all of our customers, employees and applicants. Reasonable accommodations in the hiring process will be provided to people with disabilities upon request.
Flynn Group of Companies is an affiliated contractor with the Helmets to Hardhats Program.
For more information about starting your career with Flynn please visit www.flynncompanies.com
Recruitment, recruiting, human resources
Flynn Group of Companies