The Flynn Group of Companies is currently seeking highly skilled commercial roofers to join our team in Denver, CO. If you are a knowledgeable, skilled, team oriented and safety focused individual, then we invite you to apply!
As North America's leading building envelope contractor, Flynn Group of Companies employs over 5000 employees, with branches coast-to-coast across Canada and The United States.
With Flynn, it's not just a job, it's a career.
As a member of our roofing team, your will be installing a variety of commercial roof systems. You will also be responsible for binding, sealing and insulating structures. We are currently hiring for experienced: Foreman/woman, Journeyman / Lead Craftsman/woman, Master Craftsman/woman, and Apprentice/Craftsman/woman.
- Install or replace commercial roofing systems, using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric, or other asphaltic compositions
- Install vapor barriers and/or layers of insulation on the roof decks of flat roofs, and seal the seams
- Cut roofing paper to size using knives; and nail or staple roofing paper to roofs in overlapping strips to form bases for other materials
- Install partially overlapping layers of material over roof insulation surfaces, determining distance of roofing material overlap
- Set up barrier, scaffolding, and any other measures necessary to provide safe access to roofs
- Coat top layers to make a smooth finish, or embed gravel in the mod-bit for rough surfaces
- 2 to 3 years’ commercial roofing experience preferred
- Ability to safely work at heights
- Can perform physical activities on a regular basis
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Analyze information and evaluate problems
- High attention to detail
- Can clearly communication with supervisors, co-workers and customers
- Safely operate vehicles, mechanical devices or equipment
For more information about what we do, please watch our Day in the Life of a Roofer video:
Flynn Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Flynn Group of Companies is an affiliated contractor with the Helmets to Hardhats Program.
All employees hired must pass a pre-employment drug test, background check, have a valid driver's license and/or reliable means of transportation, and proof of legal ability to work in the U.S.
Applicants are not required to disclose criminal convictions prior to receiving a conditional offer of employment. However, as a government contractor working on schools, military bases, and other secure jobsite, employees must undergo a criminal background check as a condition of employment. Flynn will consider the following when evaluating applicants with criminal records: (1) The nature and gravity of any criminal offense or conduct; (2) the duration between the criminal conduct and the employment application; and (3) the nature of the duties and essential functions of the position sought.