Join the Flynn Family and experience the Flynn Way.
As North America’s leading building envelope contractor, Flynn Group of Companies employs over 4500 employees, with branches coast-to-coast across Canada and multiple branches in the United States. The “Flynn Way” is what sets us apart. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a close-knit family work environment, stability, the opportunity to advance your career, and much, much more.
The foundation of our success is having the right people on our crew.
Flynn takes pride in providing the best for our employees, recognizing that our people are the greatest asset. We understand how important our people are to our continued success, so we’ve made Flynn a place they want to work. At Flynn, we provide our employees with the opportunity to take their career further. We strive to help our people build their skills amongst teams that innovate and educate, while ensuring we constantly evolve as a company.
At Flynn, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Are you ready to experience “The Flynn Way”?
- Work for one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
- Rewarding, challenging, fast-paced work in an excellent environment
- Be part of a dynamic team while using your innovation and creativity daily
- Develop life skills by learning and growing both personally and professionally
- Be part of a company that offers career advancement opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program offered to all employees and their families
- Excellent benefits program including; Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and RRSP matching
This position will be based out of our Toronto location, reporting to the Director of Service.
Responsibilities of the Collections Associate include:
- Daily collections and follow up of service receivables
- Dealings with customers, branch administrators and managers
- Extensive phone and computer work
- Investigating short payments
- Balancing contract amounts
- Reconciling accounts
- Various other projects and tasks as required
Responsibilities of the Customer Service Associate include:
- Respond to a high volume of customer emails
- Answer incoming customer telephone calls in a courteous and professional manner
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries
- Direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments
- Follow up on customer interactions
- Review and communicate with appropriate branch personnel regarding information required to compile customer reports, invoicing and quotes
- Produce detailed written reports on our findings and recommendations and forward to customers.
- Maintain and update customer database for each local branch.
- Use of web based technology to obtain our field service technicians’ data.
- Follow-up with customers regarding quotes.
- Respond to local branch emails in a timely, courteous and professional manner.
- Work closely with local branch team members to satisfy customer requirements.
Skills/Qualifications of the Customer Service/AR Associate include:
- Excellent communication skills - ability to effectively deal with both external and internal customers
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of accounting principals
- Perform in a deadline-oriented environment
- Work independently as well as in a team-based environment
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Excel is a must, with the ability to maintain accurate and timely records
- Experience in the construction industry a strong asset
Additional Role Information:
We are also highly active and committed to creating an environment which is accessible to all of our customers, employees and applicants. Reasonable accommodations in the hiring process will be provided to people with disabilities upon request.
Flynn Group of Companies is an affiliated contractor with the Helmets to Hardhats Program.