Business Development - Dallas/Fort Worth, TX Location
Join the Flynn Family and experience the Flynn Way.
As North America’s leading building envelope contractor, Flynn Group of Companies employs over 4500 employees, with branches coast-to-coast across Canada and multiple branches in the United States. The “Flynn Way” is what sets us apart. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a close-knit family work environment, stability, the opportunity to advance your career, and much, much more.
The foundation of our success is having the right people on our crew.
Flynn takes pride in providing the best for our employees, recognizing that our people are the greatest asset. We understand how important our people are to our continued success, so we’ve made Flynn a place they want to work. At Flynn, we provide our employees with the opportunity to take their career further. We strive to help our people build their skills amongst teams that innovate and educate, while ensuring we constantly evolve as a company.
At Flynn, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Are you ready to experience “The Flynn Way”?
- Rewarding, challenging, fast-paced work in an excellent environment
- Be part of a dynamic team while using your innovation and creativity daily
- Develop life skills by learning and growing both personally and professionally
- Be part of a company that offers career advancement opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program offered to all employees and their families
- Excellent benefits program including; Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401K matching.
This position will be based out of our Dallas/Fort Worth, TX location, reporting to Director of National Strategic Business.
Business Development will work with senior sales personnel at Flynn and internal business development team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue. Flynn Group of Companies is the leading Building Envelope Contractor in North America with 35 branches across the United States and Canada.
Responsibilities of Business Development include:
- Develop, update, maintain and execute an approved annual regional accounts territory sales plan that includes developing target account prospects, their sales cycle plans, their projected revenue, their projected decision dates, and their projected implementation/first service dates.
- Create and maintain outstanding professional business relationships with key executive level decision making contact(s) and multiple/various coaches, implementers and influencers within current and prospective regional/national accounts.
- Utilize consultative selling skills to learn about the prospect/customer’s business to position Flynn Companies products and services as the answer to those needs, and to motivate and move the decision maker(s) to desired decisions, next actions, or next steps in the sales cycle.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive roof maintenance, repair and replacement programs for Flynn customers. Serve the roofing repair and roof replacement needs of local and regional multi location clients.
- Prepare and present Flynn Companies roof maintenance, repair and replacement proposals, presentations, price quotes and RFP responses that demonstrate an understanding of the customer/prospect needs, that illustrate features, advantages, and benefits of Flynn Companies services as an answer to the customer/prospect needs, and that profitably position Flynn’s services to address the identified customer/prospect needs.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Flynn Branch Managers, Service Managers, and National Leadership, located within the sales territory specifically, and work with the field operations teams of our Branches to insure Business Development Accounts and the roofing maintenance and repair service programs get successfully implemented and maintained.
Skills/Qualifications of the Business Development include:
- Minimum of four years outside business to business sales experience with at least two full years of multi-location/regional/national account sales experience where you were the primary sales contact to the primary decision makers for an entire region or country of large national and regional accounts.
- Must be able to demonstrate a consistent history of attaining formal annual, quarterly and monthly revenue plans.
- Commercial roofing experience preferred.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Programs, “CRM” a plus.
- Experience in a defined geographic sales territory, utilizing a “Named Account” approach and demonstrating strong time and territory planning skills.
- Experience in the creation and execution of annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly account sales territory plans.
- Experience and demonstrated success in selling a blend of medium to large accounts from both an annual revenue ($500,000+ per account) and/ or number of locations perspective.
- Characteristic Qualifications include:
- Business Acumen
- Solid foundation of marketing principles
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- A positive attitude
- Negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- Ability to produce mathematical and written documents in a professional style
- Strong organizational skills
Flynn Group of Companies is an affiliated contractor with the Helmets to Hardhats Program.
Flynn is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.