Flux is currently searching for a CAD Drafter for one of our clients located in Portland, OR. For more than 125 years, our client has been powering our community and helping connect Oregonians to what matters most to them. Today, they’re focused on delivering energy that is safe, clean, reliable, affordable and secure.
Our client is seeking a CAD Drafter to join their civil/electrical design team to work with management teams on large projects.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Applies standard design techniques and procedures exercising judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications to design concepts.
- Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features and assistance in deriving possible solutions to unusual problems.
- Prepares addendums and bulletins.
- Adapt designs to current conditions in field, coordinate designs with current infrastructure.
- May attend construction meetings and produces site observation. May trouble-shoot design problems in the field during construction.
- Researches design options and documents findings for project engineer/architect.
- Checks design calculations and drawings verifying all applicable codes have been incorporated.
- Processes shop drawings, checks to ensure quality accuracy and completeness.
- May have communication with external clients in the field and in formal meetings.
- Travel potential but not required.
- Valid driver’s license required. May be waived for international assignments.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s or Associates in Drafting/Designing
- AutoCAD Civil/Electrical drafting experience.
- 1-3 years’ experience
- Able to understand the need for and develop installation details a plus.
- Experience doing power generation as-built work or substation/transmission line work.
- Advanced influence skills
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Intermediate meeting facilitation skills
- Intermediate organization and prioritization skills
- Intermediate problem-solving skills
Flux Resources LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.