$56,000 per year - commensurate with experience
Plus additional $1,500 car allowance
Plus additional $500 cell phone allowance
2020-2021 School Year
12 month position - 8.0 hours per day
Major medical, hospitalization, dental, income protection, and term life
Develops, operates and maintains all aspects of the District’s student databases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates, maintains, and develops District student information system (SIS) applications and all related databases.
- Coordinates work flow in the Database Administration Department.
- Maintains compliance requirements with federal, state and local government institutions.
- Uploads, reconciles, and maintains the accuracy of District data.
- Trains and supports individuals accessing the database.
- Provides data on graduation/drop-out rate studies, student attendance, homeless documentation, demographic information, Student-Teacher Course Connection, school accountability, student assessment, and other programs requiring student or teacher information.
- Addresses District research questions and responds to student or teacher information requests.
- Maintains employee and student accounts.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and networking with District personnel, service providers and vendors to trouble shoot and find solutions to challenges.
- Consults with District personnel on recommendations for technology purchases.
- Establishes and maintains an inventory of database software applications and necessary conditions for the operation of the programs.
- Provides technical support for federal, state, and local assessments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must possess the ability to direct activities and supervise others and provide training and technical support to staff.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to lead teams and in managing multiple simultaneous tasks, training others, and addressing concerns.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to address timelines and meet specific reporting requirements.
- Must be able to network beyond district personnel to trouble shoot and find solutions to challenges.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with staff, students, parents and community members.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and State laws, district procedures and Board policies.
- Ability to handle confrontation and conflict without an emotional response.
- Must possess time management skills.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in a related field preferred.
- Database certifications or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing student information system (SIS) software and integrating secondary applications with the SIS.
- Experience managing databases (Microsoft Excel, Access and SQL preferred).
- Experience trouble-shooting technical problems and reconciliation of data.
- Experience working in an educational environment preferred.
- Experience working with compliance in a preK-12 educational environment preferred.
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver’s license.
Computer Proficiency: Demonstrated strong proficiency in computer programs including Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word.
Flowing Wells School District