*Applicants please note the location of this job is Harrisburg, PA*
Flowers & Flowers, CPAs is seeking an Accounting and Tax Manager to join its leadership team in providing accounting, tax and consulting services to help our closely held business clients grow.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Supervise and Manage multiple clients, engagements and staff to provide innovative business tax planning, consulting and compliance services in a timely and effective manner.
- Develop and maintain the role with clients as trusted advisor.
- Prepare, review and supervise preparation of federal and state corporate, individual, and partnership returns, including exercising professional judgment with respect to issue identification to develop solutions to tax issues.
- Prepare, review and supervise preparation, compilation and review of financial statements and related disclosures ensuring compliance with reporting standards.
- Supervise and perform special projects as developed or assigned such as budgeting, projections, CFO services, etc.
- Work closely with Partners, Managers, Seniors and staff on business development and professional development activities.
- Assume a leadership (expert) role in the accounting, tax or business consulting areas.
- Assist with peer review and compliance.
- Assist in hiring, supervising, developing, training and mentoring staff including performance and engagement reviews.
- BSBA in Accounting, Finance or related degree.
- CPA certification.
- 5-7+ years of public accounting experience to include supervision and preparation of compiled and reviewed financials statements, strong knowledge of accounting standards and preparation of income tax returns for all types of businesses and a strong knowledge of tax law.
Skills & Abilities:
Proficiency with QuickBooks, MS Office and relevant accounting and tax software.
Strong technical skills pertaining to accounting standards, tax preparation and review, tax compliance, and tax research.
Ability to problem-solve and think both creatively and logically.
A demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple engagements under tight deadlines.
Outstanding leadership, mentoring and interpersonal skills fostering client and staff relationships.
Excellent analytical, organization, and written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to attract and develop profitable, sustainable client relationships.
Demonstrated positive interpersonal relations with the ability to work in a team environment
Responsive, customer-focused attitude
Able to take initiative to accomplish work and accept additional responsibilities
Adaptable to adjust to change and shifting priorities
Motivated and able to work independently
- Competitive Pay
Fully Paid Health and Dental Insurance Benefits
Retirement Plan with Company Match
Paid Time Off
Paid CPE for CPA Certification and training opportunities
Paid professional membership dues and licensing fees
Flowers & Flowers, CPAs is an Equal Opportunity Employer