Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products.
As a company we value humility, accountability, kindness, grit and a pioneering spirit. Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we have the chance to break down prohibition stigmas to show that cannabis will play an important role in treating many common medical conditions.
As the Quality Control Manager within the Flow Cannabis Institute’s (FCI) Production Facility in Redwood Valley, you will be responsible for creating and overseeing a Quality Control Department. You will provide the necessary quality and sanitation training to personnel and work with production teams to ensure we are consistently and efficiently meeting company and customer quality standards.
What you'll do
- Hire, mentor and supervise all quality and sanitation personnel
- Provide feedback and coaching on individual and team performance and development; approve timecards and time off requests; issue corrective actions as needed
- Develop and maintain ownership of SOPs around quality and regulatory compliance
- Assess processes within facility and determine critical quality checkpoints and set systems in place to monitor those critical checkpoints throughout the processing shifts
- Lead onsite audits and help with specification creation
- Develop and oversee Good Manufacturing Practices
- Assist in establishing, developing and implementing key performance indicators in areas of responsibility to meet/exceed department and company objectives
- Coordinate with other departments; track and share information on quality trends
- Foster an environment that promotes teamwork and a proactive problem-solving mindset
- Responsible for quality control and sanitation budgets
- Work with outside vendors on uniforms, sanitation chemicals, etc.
- Collaborate with other departments to drive continuous improvement and achieve company-wide goals
- Oversee quality control hold program, perform investigations and determine dispositions for non-conforming product
- Participate in safety committee meetings and collaborate on solutions
- Review, investigate and respond as necessary to customer complaints
- Additional duties as assigned
What you'll need
- 5+ years of management experience in quality assurance and/or related field in an established company
- Bachelor or Master’s degree preferred, though equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Proven leadership and people management experience
- Previous experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Previous experience working with regulatory agencies
- Previous experience with third party audits
- Previous experience creating and implementing SOPs
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office, comfortability with various software and databases
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, start-up environment
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else.
We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown. Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.