Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products.
As a company we value humility, accountability, kindness, grit and a pioneering spirit. Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we have the chance to break down prohibition stigmas to show that cannabis will play an important role in treating many common medical conditions.
As the Production Scheduler within the Flow Cannabis Institute's (FCI) Production Facility in Redwood Valley, you will be responsible for creating and updating daily production schedules for all departments and all shifts in addition to planning, communicating and tracking consumable material needs to ensure continuous production operations. You will ensure the accuracy of the schedules and consumable material forecasts and identify opportunities to minimize delays and to optimize manufacturing processes. The position will work in conjunction with manufacturing team members as well as support group members from Trimming, Sales, IT, Marketing and Future Planning. Direct interactions with contractors, vendors, suppliers and customers may also be required.
What you'll do
- Create and update daily production schedules and consumable materials on hand for FCI processing and ensure all employees can access either online or in printed format.
- Create weekly and long-term production schedules for all processing departments which include Batching, Labeling, Final Packaging, and Shipping (Transfers).
- Schedule non-production related activities that impact processing, such as sanitization, cannabis test sampling, corrective maintenance, or validation projects.
- Attend supply chain and maintenance planning meetings to forecast weekly and/or long-term production.
- Create “What-If” schedules based on alternate production conditions/scenarios for management as necessary.
- Identify improvement opportunities in the schedule or in the process as related to WIP management.
- Recommend solutions to optimize processes and to minimize delays in the production.
- Interface with production scheduling tools (Excel and/or other Scheduling System Software), as well as other supporting tools.
- Collect data and perform data analysis related to WIP, cycle time, lead time, etc.
- Participate in critical safety and continuous improvement-related activities in the site.
- Perform other support activities for production needs as necessary.
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree (science/technical/engineering field preferred) and a minimum of 2 years of related experience or 4 years’ experience in related field
- Fully understands critical path production schedule manufacturing, driven by logic, durations and date constraints.
- Ability to develop schedules that are traceable to the Intake and Work Orders.
- Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions.
- Proficient in math and computer savvy (Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Project).
- Experience in using Scheduling Software or systems that contain scheduling as part of the overall ERP system in a production, processing or manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with the schedule integration of external customer or subcontractor/co-packer program activity.
- Experience with exporting schedule data to Excel to create productivity metric charts.
- Experience with both critical path analysis and schedule risk analysis.
- Experience with resource loading schedules, including both labor and material.
- Exposure to MRP systems and have the ability to align program schedules with the manufacturing system.
- Be motivated to work independently with minimum supervision to gather schedule inputs required to create and maintain schedules, but still understand the importance of being a contributing team member.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and understanding of Cannabis regulations/requirements for processing.
- Must be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision, prioritize multiple tasks, and manage time effectively.
- Detail oriented and effectively organize documentation for review.
- Must be able to independently recommend and suggest solutions.
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Multi-tasking ability.
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else.
We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown. Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.