Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products. If this gets you excited too, come work with us!
Reporting to the Director of Production, the Demand Analyst is responsible for creating and updating daily and long-term production and demand schedules. This is an end-to-end position, and the ideal candidate in this role is able to take data inputs from the entire supply and distribution chain and make assessments that result in a coordinated forward production plan.
What you'll do
- Develop demand forecasts at all levels for multiple time horizons
- Review historical sales trends, research demand needs, prepare forecast data and models, and evaluate all forecast results
- Interact with multiple departments including operations, sales, marketing, and finance to understand demand forecast drivers and constraints
- Provide input to key business stakeholders to develop strategies for current production and inventory, as well as new product introductions
- Recommend adjustments for operational and sales forecasts
- Lead the weekly supply chain planning meetings to communicate the weekly and long-term operational and production plans
- Collect and analyze data related to WIP, cycle time, and lead time
- Work with finance department to assist with ERP implementation for operational needs
- Act as the Operations Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Flow Kana’s MRP module
- Develop and maintain reporting pertaining to demand planning processes
What you'll need
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management, Accounting/Finance, Business, or other related field required
- 5+ years of demand planning experience in a production and/or CPG environment; CPG with shelf life experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (Sage products preferred); implementation experience preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly collaborative mindset and workstyle with the ability to work cross functionally across departmental functions
- Excellent analytical skills
- High attention to details and accuracy
- Cannabis experience preferred, but not required
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else. We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown.
Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.