Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products. If this gets you excited, too, come work with us!
Reporting to the Compliance Program Manager, the Compliance Associate will serve as a member of the Legal & Compliance Team at Flow Kana. The person in this role will be responsible for supporting the completion of essential compliance initiatives that lead to the establishment of an industry leading compliance program. The Compliance Associate provides support and guidance on a broad range of compliance matters affecting both day-to-day and longer term business operations, manage corporate compliance functions, partner with stakeholders on internal compliance matters, and obtain and oversee the work of outside consultants.
What you'll do
- Attend external policy and compliance meetings with governmental agencies and departments to provide the department with of-the-moment regulatory and compliance updates on an as-needed basis
- Perform research utilizing reference publications, computer databases and other tools
- Responsible for providing day-to-day support to Vice President of Legal and Compliance Program Manager
- Respond to regulatory compliance questions or issues arising from operations teams
- Conduct site and process audits for multiple premises
- Develop content for and administer company-wide compliance training program
- Develop and maintain compliance documents such as policies, procedures, memos, departmental playbooks, and compliance guides
- Manage awareness materials to help improve access to and awareness of regulatory requirements for staff, vendors, and client dispensaries
- Prepare and submit KYC reports for internal compliance and risk management
- Coordinate cross functional compliance related projects across departments
- Prepare for and manage compliance committee activities
- Follow up on corrective action plans and project manage as needed
- Manage awareness materials to help improve access to and awareness of regulatory requirements for staff, farmer partners, vendor partners, and client dispensaries
- Coordinate with the paralegal to ensure key deadlines and renewals for administrative and ongoing business needs are calendared, tracked and met
- Coordinate with security team on an as-needed basis
- Up to 25% travel expected
What you'll need
- BA degree
- Proven knowledge of cannabis regulatory regulations and statute preferred
- Solid regulation research and data analysis skills
- Strong team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong start to finish project management and presentation skills
- Ability to meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Highly collaborative mindset and work style with the ability to work cross functionally with business stakeholders
- Strong computer skills including Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Startup experience preferred
What we offer
- Competitive pay
- Health benefits
- PTO & paid holidays
- Snacks & drinks
- Dog friendly offices
- Monthly CSA box
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else.
We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown. Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.