Sr. Supply Chain Planner
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Shape Technologies Group (SHAPE) we’re devoted to a single goal: delivering innovative manufacturing process solutions that propel our customers to success. SHAPE is a strategic combination of companies including Flow International, KMT Waterjet, H20 Jet, Dynamic Robotic Solutions (DRS), Advanced Pressure Systems (APS), Tech-Con Automation, Aquarese, Projet System and TOPS.
The SHAPE difference can be seen in our people. With industry leading technologists, manufacturing experts, and skilled service professionals, SHAPE team members listen to our customers to anticipate their needs and deliver technical know-how that transforms our customers’ visions into reality.
What it’s Like to Work Here.
We are a team of technology enthusiasts who pride ourselves on constantly raising the industry bar. Our world is fast paced and customer focused. With principles, performance and an authentic passion for results deeply rooted in our daily interactions. We strive to create a trust-based environment where driving results and positive attitudes coexist. We are friendly, respectful, and motivated to deliver strong performance in everything we do.
What We Offer.
In addition to training and career advancement opportunities, we offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off, life insurance, paid disability insurances, education reimbursement and more.Job Description
Analyzes Global Sales, Inventory & Operations plans to create procurement and transportation schedules for material from international contract manufactures. Provides multi-site support for procurement activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Review Global forecast inputs for pumps and waterjet systems to procure material, production and transportation with international contract manufactures.
· Respond to ERP demand requests and issue purchase orders for needed materials to meet demand.
· Communicate with suppliers on open orders and oversee due dates, quantities and pricing.
· Support Quality & Logistics teams with non-conforming material.
· Obtain Air/Ocean RFQ’s from Freight Forwarders to identify best cost shipments from vendors.
· Meets or exceeds mutually agreed upon inventory turn and inventory reduction departmental goals.
· Tracks and supervises surplus and obsolete parts and recommends disposition of parts.
· Initiate and renew master supplier agreements including pricing and stocking levels.
· Manage and update parts in ERP including lead times, safety stock, tier level, pricing and MOQ.
· Participate in the discovery of new sources of supply to meet demand and provide costs savings or cost avoidance opportunities to the organization.
· Develops and oversees supplier package and shipment sizing to allow for efficient handling of material through manufacturing and distribution
· Ensure part/print compliance to Flow engineering requirements while procuring existing material and while searching for potential new sources of supply.
· Identify, resolve, and expedite issues to ensure timely identification and procurement of materials.
· Implement ECO’s including cost impact analysis, sending drawings, specs and RFQ’s to suppliers.
· Respond to Accounts Payable inquires related to pricing and other discrepancies.
· Other duties as assigned.
· 5+ years of experience with Supply Chain Management concepts i.e. forecasting, planning, optimization and logistics
· 5+ years of qualitative/quantitative data analysis related to Supply Chain, Operations, Transportation -Logistics or Inventory Management
· 2+ years of international business experience
· Demonstrated business and contract negotiation skills
· Outstanding interpersonal skills including oral/written communication skills
· Ability to work independently on projects and function effectively in a team environment
· PC proficient, working knowledge of MS Office applications, Microsoft Dynamics AX experience desired
· Ability to read engineering drawings and part specifications
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Education and/or Training:
· Four-year degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent training.
No Recruiters Please!
Shape Technologies Group and our companies operate as an equal opportunity employer. Per regulations, any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities will be provided. If you require disability related accommodations, please inform Human Resources. All personal information that is collected will remain private and confidential.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BusinessView all jobs at Flow International