Regional Sales Representative (Southern California)
At Flow International Corp (Flow), a SHAPE company, we’re devoted to a single goal: delivering innovative manufacturing process solutions that propel our customers to success.
The Flow difference can be seen in our people. With industry leading technologists, manufacturing experts, and skilled service professionals, Flow team members listen to our customers to anticipate their needs and deliver technical know-how that transforms our customers’ visions into reality.
What it’s Like to Work Here.
We are a team of technology enthusiasts who pride ourselves on constantly raising the industry bar. Our world is fast paced, and customer focused. With principles, performance and an authentic passion for results deeply rooted in our daily interactions. We strive to create a trust-based environment where driving results and positive attitudes coexist. We are friendly, respectful, and motivated to deliver strong performance in everything we do.
What We Offer.
In addition to training and career advancement opportunities, we offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off, life insurance, paid disability insurances, education reimbursement and more.
$60,000 to $85,000 base salary plus a defined commission plan.Job Description
Under direct supervision, responsible for the direct sell and support of FLOW products, and to service accounts in assigned geographic area.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support both the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and the assigned distributors.
- Perform formal sales presentations per RSM direction.
- Support or perform all aspects of technical product demonstrations per RSM direction. Tasks include, but are not limited to, preparing for the demonstration, gathering application ideas from others, setting up and running the machine during demonstration in a professional manner, tear down of the machine, reporting and shipping the samples, and cleaning the machine.
- Per RSM direction, perform all or some of the sales function for specified prospects (i.e., initial call, application analysis, sample cutting, company and product presentations, return on investment analysis, and potentially even sale closure).
- Maintain a solid and professional working relationship with assigned distributors.
- Provide sales and marketing feedback to appropriate FLOW personnel (i.e., competitive information to market research, etc.).
- Visit and support prospects, performing sales presentations, application assistance or technical services per RSM.
- NOTE: Although this is not a technical service position, the sales associate may at times be in a position to strengthen FLOW’s relationship with our customers by helping technical service with site preparation visits, maintenance service or recommendations, application assistance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of or ability to learn waterjet applications.
- Understand value proposition and key leader messaging.
- Ability to transfer that knowledge to sales and customer support issues.
Education and/or Training:
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical preferred), Sales/Marketing or Business, or equivalent of experience and training that provides required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Minimum of 1 year (12 months) of capital equipment sales experience or equivalent work experience.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite applications.
No Recruiters Please!
Shape Technologies Group and our companies operate as an equal opportunity employer. Per regulations, any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities will be provided. If you require disability related accommodations, please inform Human Resources. All personal information that is collected will remain private and confidential.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Flow InternationalKent, WA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.