SUMMARY: The Outside Sales Representative position sells services and products using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products/services to their needs, resulting in revenue generation. In addition, the position provides input and participates in the marketing, market planning and technical development of products and services. The position pays a base salary, plus commissions earned on sales.
This is a remote position, with a sales territory covering Central and South Georgia. Candidate will work remotely from home, and be expected to travel throughout this territory. Candidate will report into the Jacksonville, FL Headquarters.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops and increases sales revenue to meet assigned targets.
- Actively pursue sales opportunities via telephone and face-to-face sales presentations for new and existing customers.
- Assist with training of new hires and acts as mentor to new hires within the department.
- Remains informed of new products, services and other information of interest to customers.
- Works with existing customers to identify and fulfill additional sales opportunities.
- Keeps informed of market trends and competitive activity and makes strategic adjustments to ensure long term market footprint and growth.
- Timely response to customers regarding contracts, issues or problems with product.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Remote work environment with travel over 80%.
- Ability to drive long hours in car.
- Occasionally required to walk.
- Continually required to sit.
- Continually required to use hands and fingers.
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- Preferred candidate will be an eager, self-motivated sales closer. Candidate is expected to work as part of a team, as well as individually. Candidate must be comfortable interacting with customers and potential customers via phone, email or in person.
- Candidate will need to be located in Georgia, and willing to cover the entire Central & South Georgia territory. This is a remote position, reporting into the Flotech Jacksonville location.
- Candidate will be expected to travel over 80% of the time, with a significant amount of face to face customer interaction.
- Bachelor’s degree plus five years of sales experience with proven record of revenue growth, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer at least five years of outside sales experience within the Valve industry.
- Preferred candidate will have a significant amount of knowledge about various types of industrial valves, including their functionality and technical specifications.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from top management, clients and potential customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), as well as Outlook.
- Proficient in Sales Software, preferably SAP Business One.
- Base salary plus Commission plan.
- Monthly Automobile reimbursement provided by the company.
- Monthly technology reimbursement provided by the company.
- Competitive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
Candidate must be willing to complete a drug and background screen in accordance with local laws and regulations. The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.