Shipping Clerk (Parts Department)
Flory Industries Salida, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The purpose of the Shipping Clerk is to send and record the movement of parts, supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Accurately pull and package customer orders
- Prioritize orders according to demands
- Pull the correct part from the correct location
- Double check all orders when pulling and packing, making sure all parts are labeled correctly.
- Organize stock/merchandise when pulling stock from the warehouse or showroom.
- Repackage, relabel and return stock to the correct location when pulling parts.
- Ensure all orders receive the proper labeling and postal/shipping charges and are packaged well to arrive safely and without damages.
- Return parts back to correct bin/shelf in re-sellable condition with correct labeling.
- Provide quality customer service when interacting with customers, vendors and other employees.
- Works with coworkers to see that all orders are handled promptly and shipped correctly.
- Perform Safety checklist daily on forklifts, club cars and equipment used in the warehouse.
- Keep all work areas clean, safe and maintained.
- Always think Safety and follow all company policies.
- Report and act upon any break downs or safety incidents.
- Notify team leader of any problems or discretions
Accountabilities & Competencies
- Works safely and follows all safety work rules according to company handbook, safety policies and procedures, trainings, etc.
- Reports any unsafe conditions or unsafe work practices.
- Offers safety recommendations to improve safety performance.
- Encourages safe behavior with coworkers.
- Participates in safety meeting or add input for safety meetings.
- Assists in eliminating hazards.
- Supports safety initiatives.
- Conceptual Skills
- Works effectively with little to no supervision
- The ability to be well-organized
- Effective time management skills
- Be a good example to others in all aspects
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with employees and management
- Interested in pursuing the development of personal growth in management and leadership skills
- Verbal Communication
- Effectively craft and deliver concise and informative communications, to listen to and address the concerns of others, and to transfer and translate information from one level or unit of the organization to another.
- Functional and Technical Skills
- Basic computer knowledge/skills
- Attention to Detail
- Has a critical eye for detail and will settle for nothing less than his/her best effort in achieving exceptional quality
- Has the expertise and experience to utilize problem solving skills in the solution of any given problem.
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment
- Teamwork/Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Self-Motivated and teamwork oriented
- Fosters a supportive “win-win” and fun team environment.
- Actively participates in achieving team goals and supports teamwork across all departments and divisions.
- Willing to compromise and looks for solutions that benefit the company as a whole.
- Displays respect for differences among team members and gives credit where credit is due.
- Considers FLORY’S’s mission/vision/values statements in making decisions and taking actions.
- Sets example of high work ethic and integrity.
- Words are consistent with their actions.
- Willing to take necessary actions when serious ethical issues are at stake.
- Willing to confront rumors, gossip and other inappropriate behaviors that are contrary to our values and culture.
- Accepts personal responsibly for the quality and timeliness of their work.
- Does not offer or accept excuses for failures, including passing responsibility on to others.
- Creates own measure of excellence and makes specific changes to improve performance continuously.
Physical Demands and Abilities
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Frequently lift, push, pull, walk, and stand.
- Occasionally bend, stoop, twist, kneel, crawl, reach, grasp, grip, climb, and sit.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Previous shipping experience
- Work indoor or outdoor depending on assignment. Indoor environment: cold, heat, dust, fumes, airborne particles, minimal to moderate noise levels, machinery, moving equipment. Outdoor environment: rain, extreme cold, wind, extreme heat, dust, moderate to loud noises, machinery, moving equipment.
- Safety requirements: safety glasses, hearing protection, protective footwear and gloves.
- Additional protective equipment may be required depending on task or job duty performed.
Flory Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Powered by JazzHR
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Flory Industries