The Product Safety Engineer position requires an organized, motivated individual with a well-developed team spirit to shape and drive the activities of Flory Industries product safety program.
- Uphold and promote Flory Industries culture of safety, integrity, and product excellence.
- Identify and interpret applicable standards and regulations.
- Communicate product safety status to company leadership.
- Evaluate man-machine interactions for potential sources of accidents, injuries, or illnesses.
- Review written materials for safety content, accuracy, and clarity.
- Develop appropriate safety messages to be placed on machines, manuals, and marketing materials.
- Work with product development personal to identify measures to minimize the risk of accidents, injuries, or illnesses related to product.
- Participate in design reviews and provide regulatory input to development teams.
- Investigate and evaluate injuries, accidents, or claims involving Flory Industries equipment.
- Serve as a company representative in the event of external product liability investigations and or legal actions.
- Maintain product safety related records and record system.
Accountabilities & Competencies
- Develop, refine and preform processes to minimize the risk of accidents, injuries, or illnesses related to product as low as reasonably practical.
- Works safely and follows all safety work rules according to company handbook, safety policies and procedures, trainings, etc.
- Reports any unsafe conditions or unsafe work practices.
- Offers safety recommendations to improve safety performance.
- Encourages safe behavior with coworkers.
- Participates in safety meeting or add input for safety meetings.
- Assists in eliminating hazards.
- Supports safety initiatives.
- Conceptual Skills
- Ability to work efficiently with little to no direct supervision
- Effective time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects and schedules to meet customer expectations and provide on time delivery of new products and enhancements
- Process Improvement
- Utilize Lean principles to continually look for ways to improve product safety
- Verbal Communication
- Effectively craft and deliver concise and informative communications, to listen to and address the concerns of others, and to transfer and translate information from one level or unit of the organization to another.
- Comfortable and skilled at communicating in all formats with all levels of organization.
- Functional and Technical Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software
- Technical understanding mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems and machine operation.
- Attention to Detail
- Has a critical eye for detail and will settle for nothing less than his/her best effort in achieving exceptional quality
- Has the expertise and experience to identify and solve product safety challenges.
- Ability to collect information and make good decisions based on sound data and input from multiple individuals
- Teamwork/Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Fosters a supportive “win-win” and fun team environment.
- Actively participates in achieving team goals and supports teamwork across all departments and divisions.
- Willing to compromise and looks for solutions that benefit the company as a whole.
- Displays respect for differences among team members and gives credit where credit is due.
- Considers FLORY’S’s mission/vision/values statements in making decisions and taking actions.
- Sets example of high work ethic and integrity.
- Words are consistent with their actions.
- Willing to take necessary actions when serious ethical issues are at stake.
- Willing to confront rumors, gossip and other inappropriate behaviors that are contrary to our values and culture.
- Accepts personal responsibly for the quality and timeliness of their work.
- Does not offer or accept excuses for failures, including passing responsibility on to others.
- Creates own measure of excellence and makes specific changes to improve performance continuously.
Physical Demands and Abilities
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Regularly spend long hours sitting
- Regularly spend long hours in intense concentration
- Occasionally lift, push, pull, bend, stoop, twist, kneel, crawl, reach, grasp, grip, climb, walk and stand.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Agricultural, Electrical, Industrial, or related Engineering field.
- 5+ years of experience in product safety working with product safety processes and engineering.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license
- Work indoor or outdoor depending on assignment. Indoor environment: cold, heat, dust, fumes, airborne particles, minimal to moderate noise levels, machinery, moving equipment. Outdoor environment: rain, extreme cold, wind, extreme heat, dust, moderate to loud noises, machinery, moving equipment.
- Safety requirements: safety glasses, hearing protection, protective footwear and gloves.
- Additional protective equipment may be required depending on task or job duty performed.
Flory Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Powered by JazzHR