Senior Data Integration Architect
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: 00080823 Senior Data Integration Architect
FSU seeks a Senior Data Integration Architect with experience in creating and maintaining data integration processes in support of our University’s analytics needs. We welcome diverse candidates who are excited to learn and grow in an inclusive and collaborative IT department and are eager to create solutions within an innovative environment. At FSU, there is an excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news.
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. FSU's welcoming campus is located in a prime location within the heart of Tallahassee, ranked in the top 10 of the South’s best cities by Southern Living. FSU placed in the Top 20 among national public universities in the latest U.S. News & World Report rankings. Proudly recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) efforts, the university was named a Diversity Champion in higher education by INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine.
- Supports the University's Data integration and information management needs. Designs, develops, analyzes, and supports batch as well as real-time data integration processes. Develops programming code and software modifications using appropriate language and tools to provide solutions and new functionality in enterprise-wide and/or complex specialized systems.
- Responsible for leading the development of a team of data engineering specialists in a highly dynamic environment to deliver data and information that is fit for use and which will drive innovation and help the university achieve its strategic goals.
- Responsible for defining, establishing, and documenting best practices and patterns in a rapidly evolving field while ensuring that production support is delivered in a manner that secures our stakeholders’ trust.
- Responsible for attaining in-depth knowledge of source system data and gathering data requirements needed for new reporting and analytic applications. Determines and evaluates potential solutions, develops system specifications and requirements, and designs programs to meet requirements. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through analysis of customer system and application needs.
- Responsible for assisting in developing, planning, and organizing procedures and testing scenarios to ensure the integrity of data integration processes and validation of job outputs. Seeks to innovate and optimize the existing system whenever possible.
- Responsible for creation/maintenance of system specifications and requirements documentation about data integration processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or other appropriate degree and six years experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to convey technical information to technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to develop and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of standard programming languages, concepts, practices, and procedures within the technology field.
- Ability to develop ETL job streams using tools such as DataStage, Informatica, SSIS, or Talend.
- Experience with data warehousing methods and processes - are there specific examples?
- Experience with real-time data movement technologies such as GoldenGate or similar.
- Experience leading and managing ETL developers.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to document existing and new processes.
- Ability to interface business applications with other systems.
- Ability to interpret complex written specifications and conditions.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving and technical skills.
- Ability to utilize and develop programming language and tools within the technology field.
Background Check Requirements
Standard BG check for ITS, ERP, and FLVC positions: This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and per University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
How to Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific vacancy as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include work history and all education details (if applicable) even if attaching a resume.
Florida State University
Please visit our website: https://www.fsu.edu/
TechnologyView all jobs at Florida State University