- Deliver service excellence by refining core processes for the finance department to include use of accounting software, computers to enter, access or retrieve data, use of spreadsheet software and use of word processing or desktop publishing software.
- Support department by responding to email and phone calls, compiling data for financial reports, detecting discrepancies on records or reports, preparing bank deposits, creating invoices, maintaining records, reports or files, reconciling financial records and performing clerical duties to include sorting mail.
- Receive, record and deposit cash, checks and vouchers. Check figures, postings and documents for note correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes according to company procedure. Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts receivable and profits and losses.
- Comply with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) required. Some college preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three (3) to four (4) years experience in an accounting position. Background in data entry and Accounts Receivable, as well as experience with bank deposits and reconciliations required.
- Experience with a major Accounting system.
- Strong clerical and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and switch gears quickly.
- Excellent customer service skills in person and on the phone, as well as a helpful and friendly demeanor for interacting with exhibitors and families.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office products, with an emphasis in Word and Excel.
- High math skills (probability, statistical, quadratic equations).
- Knowledge of accounting principles including an understanding of financial reporting with the ability to ask questions as appropriate.
- Ability to work additional hours during the busy season, including evening and weekends.
Duties are performed primarily in an office setting. Operates computer and standard office equipment, such as telephone and copier/printer. Must be able to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear and occasionally climb or balance and lift or move (more than 20 lbs). Rare occasion for environmental exposure to wetness and humidity.