Why join our team?
Florida Spine and Joint is a place for dedicated individuals to exercise and develop their passion for providing excellent health care services. Why should you join our team of 170+ employees across the state of Florida and Tennessee? Because, we provide:
- A team that invests the time and resources to foster your growth as a health care professional.
- An environment that encourages health care research for more efficient patient care.
- The opportunity for you to work with the latest technology and treatments.
- The advantage of being a part of a nation-wide family of professionals with shared interests who work together to reach a common goal of better health for people in Florida.
OVERVIEW: Our Care Coordinators assist patients with their needs while being a patient at FSJI. Care Coaches assist by helping our patients adhere to their treatment plans, providing personalized follow up attention, and contacting patients to make sure they are going through their treatment plan.
***Training in Coral Springs and position will work in Boca Raton*****
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responding to clinical inquiries from patients
- Explaining procedures to patients
- Assist patients through their course of treatment
- Follow up with patients on their care plan, appointments, and medications if needed
- Schedule patient appointments; follow up with referring physicians when orders are completed
- Review EMR & EOD orders daily to ensure all referrals are handled properly
- Call attorney’s to confirm additional orders are approved prior to scheduling
- Schedule all diagnostic testing; scan and upload prescriptions and reports. Obtain records for patients when diagnostic testing is completed
- Perform daily physician schedule audits
- Obtain BI/UM coverage from attorneys of record
- Reschedule all no show appointments
- Maintain spreadsheet tracking
- Answering & satisfying all incoming and internal phone calls
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- 2-4 Years experience preferred
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a cheerful, positive and respectful attitude
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Job Description Clause:
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.