Why join our team?
Florida Spine & Joint Institute is a place for dedicated individuals to exercise and develop their passion for providing excellent health care services. Why should you join our team of 170+ employees across the state of Florida? Because, we provide:
- A team that invests the time and resources to foster your growth as a health care professional.
- An environment that encourages health care research for more efficient patient care.
- The opportunity for you to work with the latest technology and treatments.
- The advantage of being a part of a nation-wide family of professionals with shared interests who work together to reach a common goal of better health for people in Florida.
The Paralegal Case Manger will develop and maintain effective working relationships with the medical and legal professionals in the local community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working independently with the ability to organize and prioritize a large number of cases within a fast-paced work environment
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with medical and legal professionals in the local community to improve referral rates
- Gather and evaluate medical records
- Confirm receipt of all medical records, bills & liens for medical expenditure report
- Consult with patients and their medical providers regarding medical treatment status and future medical need
- obtain bodily injury and uninsured motorists limits
- Provide outstanding and empathetic service for our patients
- Maintain contact with former patients to secure repeat business
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computer-based technologies including word processing, telecommunications, database, and document management
- Ability to work collaboratively within an internal team as well as with outside parties including patients, opposing counsel, experts, medical providers, etc.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and have acute attention to details
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced
Education / Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Prior Paralegal experience
- Florida Registered Paralegal (FRP) preferred
Job Description Clause
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.