Why join our team?
Florida Spine & Joint Institute is a place for compassionate and committed individuals to exercise and develop their passion for providing excellent health care services. Our vision is to be the preferred comprehensive treatment provider for the injured across the U.S. Why should you join our winning team of employees across the state of Florida? Because, we provide:
- A team that invests the time and resources to foster your growth as a health care professional.
- An environment that encourages health care research for more efficient patient care.
- The opportunity for you to work with the latest technology and treatments.
- The advantage of being a part of a nation-wide family of professionals with shared interests who work together to reach a common goal of better health for people in Florida.
The Nurse Case Manger will Provide clinical care management and triage, via telephone, essential to the assessment, promotion, maintenance and restoration of patient’s health and wellness using our telephone communication access protocol, clinical advice algorithm, and clinical judgment. Answer calls and questions from care coaches and medical assistants and provide the ability to triage high acuity patients. Answer incoming calls from our patients to provide outstanding customer service in support of our mission, goals and values.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
This list may not include all the duties that may be assigned.
- Answer incoming calls by welcoming patients with a professional, upbeat, friendly attitude.
- Follow prepared scripts based on call type.
- Register new patients by gathering pertinent information and entering into EHR system.
- Verify coverage and information.
- Set patient appointments upon request and identify future visits.
- Document accurately and efficiently within the EHR.
- Obtain brief summary of patients concerns and/or complaints over the phone.
- Properly obtain and confirm patients/caller information abiding to HIPAA law.
- Collect all necessary and pertinent clinical information over the phone to facilitate the timely and accurate physician follow up via phone.
- Complete prescription refills for authorization by provider.
- Provide prescription information to pharmacies using our internal resources (EHR refill notes).
- Complete any necessary referrals requested by telephone contact for provider approval.
- Provide medical guidance using our Telephone Clinical Triage algorithm manual.
- Provide advanced screening triage for higher acuity patients.
- Document all medical questions and messages for providers and label them properly using our telephone communication access guideline/protocol.
- Document any medical advice given over the phone.
- Schedule appointments using clinical prioritizing protocols and our scheduling policies.
- Communicate with offices when necessary.
- Meet established standards within all performance criteria.
- Attend any necessary training/meetings to be up to date on protocol changes and available training.
- Other duties may include, but not limited to, outbound calls, copying, faxing, etc.
- Nursing license, nursing license with orthopedic or interventional pain management experience preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must Be Bi-Lingual English and Spanish!
- Must have strong verbal communication skills
Minimum of 1-2 years healthcare experience/medical triage experience preferred.