Maintenance II - Youth Camp
- Posted: over a month ago
The mission of the Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches is to prevent delinquency and develop lawful, resilient and productive citizens. Make a difference in the lives of at-risk youth! Join our team today!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.25 per hour
The Maintenance II position involves routine maintenance of buildings, grounds, vehicles, and equipment at the Youth Camp. The person in this position is directly responsible to the Camp Director. This position is eligible for overtime pay.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The person filling this position must have a high school diploma or GED. Previous work experience in lieu of formal education may be considered. A valid Florida Class B with passenger endorsement driver’s license in good standing is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are given as examples of the various types of work performed in this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Demonstrates responsibility by knowing and doing what is expected to assure that facilities, equipment, vehicles, and other assets are maintained in an attractive and functional manner.
- Is alert to the need for maintenance as it pertains to plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, and appliance repair. Then exercises initiative by prioritizing and accomplishing those tasks.
- Shows responsibility and wisdom by maintaining Aquatic Facility Operators license and maintaining appropriate records, reporting concerns, arranging repairs and satisfying state health requirements.
- Exhibits thoroughness and diligence while maintaining the upkeep of the grounds including: mowing grass, trimming hedges, cleaning walkways, weeding flower beds, and keeping the facilities in an orderly condition.
- Practices punctuality when completing paperwork on vehicle reports, building inspections, maintenance requests, and other forms.
- Demonstrates orderliness by arranging tools, equipment, and inventory in a manner that is effective and efficient in order to promote a clean and tidy work conditions.
- Exercises discretion and self control while maintaining the character trait of virtue in order to be an appropriate role model for group leaders and youth at all times.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness and thriftiness of the agency’s resources when requesting the purchase of supplies, equipment and materials and then picking them up in town. Practices truthfulness in keeping the Camp Director informed of all maintenance related projects and concerns.
- Displays honor, obedience, and flexibility when direction is given or a request is made thus contributing to the smooth operation and success of the Youth Ranches programs.
- 401(k) Plan with up to 4% company match
- Annual Leave and Sick Leave
- 11 Holidays
- Company Paid Long Term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health Savings Account, Supplemental Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Aflac products available
We have a very extensive and strict background screening process.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE.
Powered by JazzHR
Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?