Job Title: Medical Assistant
A prestigious Allergy Practice in Tampa is looking for a candidate to grow with their growing team.
This practice offers:
- 100% Employer Paid Employee Medical Insurance
- 100% Employer Paid STD & LTD
- 100% Employer Paid Life and AD&D
- Supplemental Insurance Options
- 7 Paid Holidays
- 401k Plan – Safe Harbor Contribution
Education and Training
· High School Diploma or GED required
· Medical Assistant (MA) Certification is preferred
· OSHA , HIPPA, CPR training required
· Minimum 2 years working as a Medical Assistant in a medical practice
· Pediatric experience preferred
· Allergy experience preferred
· EMR system experience and scheduling experience
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
· Welcoming patients by greeting them and confirming the purpose of their visit.
· Interviewing the patient to update their medical records, recording vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature and documenting all information into EMR.
· Collects and prepares laboratory specimens and preforms basic laboratory tests as indicated.
· Secures patient information and maintains patient confidentiality by completing and safeguarding medical records; keeping all information confidential under HIPPA requirements.
· Maintain a safe, secure and healthy work environment by following standards, protocols and procedures as indicated.
· Prepare patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room.
· Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments and prepare sterilization as required.
· Performs medical assistant procedures under the supervision of the physician and other licensed health care professionals.
· Ensure all related reports, labs and information is filed and available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment.
· Take telephone messages and calls back patients, physician offices and pharmacy as directed by licensed healthcare professional.
· Relay messages from patients and front office staff to physicians and physician assistant.
· Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid change, etc.) as indicated in the practice.
· Explaining treatment procedures and other healthcare instructions as directed by licensed healthcare professionals.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
· Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills including composure, diplomacy and the ability to interact with a diverse patient population.
· Effectively time-manage job responsibilities and workflow.
· Other duties as assigned by medical practice leadership.
FPA provides equal opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FPA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.