- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Our Vision is to be the best choice for healthcare in our community
Job Title: Painter 1
Report To: Painter 2, Facility Manager
Job Summary: A minimum of 3 years previous experience required. Typical work hours are Monday-Thursday evenings - occasional weekends may be required. Must be reliable, have own transportation with clean driving record, basic knowledge of painting, performs needed repairs, and prepare surfaces both inside and out for painting and refinishing. and climb ladders. Must be a team player, flexible with hours as needed. Must be self motivated, disciplined and able to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to lift 50 lbs,
WHAT DOES FMC HAVE TO OFFER ITS EMPLOYEES?
We offer a wide choice of compensation and benefit programs that are among the best. From competitive salaries to retirement plans. We make every effort to take care of the people who make our company great.
- Gives you an employer that you will have pride in working for
- Provides excellent training programs and opportunities for growth
- Offers Medical Benefits including:
- Employer Contributions to HSA high deductible plan
- Discounts at our medical facilities
- Cigna Open Access OAPIN & OAP plans
- Supports Incentive based Wellness Programs
- Offers company sponsored Life Insurance with buy-up provisions
- Provides Dental, Vision, Long and Short Term Disability, Accident & Illness policy options
- Supports Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Gives generous 401K plan with annual 3% Employer contribution after one year of employment
- Values and appreciates its employees
- Boasts a reputation for superior health care and quality service
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply paint, stain, varnish, enamel, and other finishes to equipment, buildings, and/or other structures, using brushes, spray guns, or rollers.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal, for finish coats.
- Cover surfaces with drop cloths or masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- Fill cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
- Read work orders or receive instructions from supervisors in order to determine work requirements.
- Remove fixtures such as pictures, door knobs, lamps, and electric switch covers prior to painting and replace after painting.
- Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing, burning, or using water and/or abrasive blasting.
- Smooth surfaces, using sandpaper, scrapers, brushes, steel wool, and/or sanding machines.
- Wash and treat surfaces with oil, turpentine, mildew remover, or other preparations, and sand rough spots to ensure that finishes will adhere properly.
- Cut stencils, and brush and spray lettering and decorations on surfaces.
- Erect scaffolding and swing gates, or set up ladders, to work above ground level.
- Spray or brush hot plastics or pitch onto surfaces.
- Use special finishing techniques such as sponging, ragging, layering, or faux finishing.
- Waterproof buildings, using water proffers and caulking.
- Other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year of responsible experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair; or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
Good skill in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid Florida Driver's License
- Must meet and comply with Florida Medical Clinic's Handbook Policy #507 Use of Equipment and Vehicles.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and make employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status
Florida Medical ClinicTampa, FL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.